Author Topic: Fielding Surgery  (Read 14229 times)

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Crawdaddy, I've been massaging it for a few days but i think iv been doing it too much cuz it really hurts when i press on it now. How long did it take for the lump to start getting smaller for you? It seems to get smaller/softer for me when i massage, but after a while goes back to being bigger and harder again.

It's weird...it feels like gland but its only in the area where the incision was made. I was massaging it quite vigorously last night and as i was massaging it i felt it getting soft, and the tissue wasnt so hard anymore. Is this the process of breaking down scar tissue? It seemed like it gotten so soft that i didnt feel part of it anymore, but when i woke up this morning it was hard again. I called Fielding and he said it would be weird for scar tissue to start building up at 1 month post-op. But i am pretty sure it wasnt there the first few weeks of being post-op. He said he'll take a look at it at my 12 week post-op visit, which is 8 weeks away. Should i be worried? I heard of people getting some injections to break down the scar tissue, should i ask for this when i visit him if its not gone by then?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:12:26 PM by MRD »

Offline Crawdaddy

• Posting Member
It did take a little while before I could massage it without pain, and for at least a month I noticed no improvement whatsoever, even though my left side has been perfectly flat since the surgery. After about a month the lump shrank a lot over the course of a few days. It's still there (I'm at about 6 weeks) but slowly going away. Just keep going and give it time, and massage it as firmly as you can without causing yourself pain.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024