Author Topic: Do you like wearing a bra  (Read 8876 times)

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
me, i feel naked with out mine

Offline Johndoe1

me, i feel naked with out mine
Many do, women and men. I do.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Busted (and happy)

Definitely feel undressed without

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
My problem looks like on attached photos.

A thin fabric bra only lifts the breasts and the nipples become very visible, even with loose clothing.
To hide them you need a bra that is at least a little padded, preferably with a soft insert.
But then the breasts become even larger and I look like a woman with facial hair.
Sometimes it occurs to me that it would probably be easier to wear not only a bra but also a dress, makeup and a wig.
Maybe in a female disguise I would be less noticeable:(((
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:52:57 AM by TikTak »

Offline Johndoe1

TikTak, you could wear a unlined bra and for nipple modesty wear petals.This is what I do in the summer. Works quite well and is very comfortable. I wear a 38DD bra so I am similar to you.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
TikTak, 

I am not in the same league as you so to speak, but I can understand your anguish. May I suggest, see if you can wear a bra for an entire weekend and be honest with your feelings at the end of it, how did it make you feel both physically and mentally. Perhaps spend the weekend after that without a bra and decide which situation you were more comfortable with, again both physically and mentally.

Only you know which is right for you. Good luck.

Offline taxmapper

To wear is up to you.

To be honest, once I started putting on a bra and mine are still growing outward, no one really noticed, nor cared. 

In fact some of the women around me who I talked to them about roll their eyes with a, "yep, we know that one too..."  look. 

Plus the bra actually tames the shape down alot.  Most people will ignore it.     But if you draw attention to them, then yeah, the conversations will go on. 

This is your choice. 

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Thank you for your balanced opinions, the opportunity to talk about my problem is valuable to me, because accepting the status quo is probably the best option for me.
I was determined to have surgery, I am not afraid of it, and I do not have financial constraints in this regard, but the doctor said that in my case only bilateral radical mastectomy will bring the desired result.
It entails the risk of lymphatic stasis and various other problems, so I decided not to look for problems for the rest of my life.

So I have to accept that I have breasts like a woman:)

My wife is very supportive of me but I would not like to involve her too much.
For herself, more than twenty years ago, she suffered from breast cancer and now, trying to comfort me, she said: "well that's good, because finally in this house someone will have nice breasts":)

Indeed, for the beginning of acceptance I think I will have to start wearing a bra. Although I wrote that I do not feel the need to do so, the rubbing of sagging breasts against the skin of my abdomen has given me quite a hard time this summer.
So, following your advice, I took to trying on bras, for the second time in my life.
I don't have my own, my wife just happened to be away for a few days, and I tried on her underwear.

First I hoped that a modeling, tightening petticoat would hide something, and at the same time on the back the clasp would not be visible through the clothes, as in a regular bra, but nothing came of it, as you can see in the photo.
Then I tried an extended, flesh-colored and thin bra. It would even be quite comfortable in it, but first of all, I think I would need a larger cup than C, secondly, it doesn't mask the nipples very much.
A slightly padded white bra probably worked best, it would be perfect if it didn't have so much lace:)
In fact, walking around the house in a bra turned out to be more comfortable than without, especially on the stairs

I've noticed that on the labels the wife's bras don't necessarily have the same sizes, once it's 85C, once it's 90B other times it's 90C,
so you probably can't fully rely on them just have to measure.
So if I want my own lingerie, I'm in for a trip to the bra store and worse, a visit to the fitting room.
I don't know how I'll survive that, but I probably need to get used to it.
An act of bravery worthy of a real man awaits me.:))))

« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:53:40 AM by TikTak »

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
TikTak,

Thank you for sharing your journey. You are being both proactive and open minded. These qualities will only help you.

Offline Johndoe1

I've noticed that on the labels the wife's bras don't necessarily have the same sizes, once it's 85C, once it's 90B other times it's 90C,
so you probably can't fully rely on them just have to measure.
So if I want my own lingerie, I'm in for a trip to the bra store and worse, a visit to the fitting room.
I don't know how I'll survive that, but I probably need to get used to it.
An act of bravery worthy of a real man awaits me.:))))
That's one thing you will find when shopping for bras. No two bras are the same stated size. Not even between the same manufacturer styles. I wear bras from 36DDD to 38DD to 40DD for the proper fit. That's not unusual. The only way to get the proper fit that supports, contains and is comfortable is to go try them on. That first time will be a hard one, but find a small locally owned shop and call and ask if they fit men with gynecomastia. If they say no, then move on. If they say yes, ask for a private fitting. These are normally before or after hours when no one else but you and the sales associate are there. This is what I did and it worked out very nicely. It also led to a relationship between the owner and myself where she knew what I was looking for/needed and I had confidence in her recommendations. Something not be overlooked. Also, don't be surprised if you try on a lot of bras that don't work at first. That is normal until you find the right style and fit. Comfort is the first thing. If it isn't comfortable, you won't wear it. Don't be afraid of trying on the suggestions. Some may look out of place, but from what I have found, no one looks at my bra but me anyway so who cares what it looks like or made of as long as it is getting the job done. In the end, it is your comfort that is most important.

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Thanks for being with me.
I'll go shopping tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and write how it went.

I've run into one more problem - after wearing a bra, the bust rises and my shirts got too tight.
After putting the bra on, basically only some of my wife's blouses are wearable.

So I am also waiting to buy new shirts, I wonder if a larger size is enough?
Women's clothes have a different cut and therefore those belonging to the wife fit better, although she is finer than I am.

And then there is one more thing. I've noticed that all these fitting sessions excite me a bit, which I totally didn't expect, they are not unpleasant.
Have you also experienced this?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 12:54:15 AM by TikTak »

Offline gotgyne

In fact, walking around the house in a bra turned out to be more comfortable than without, especially on the stairs.
TikTak, exactly this, running downstairs, was the reason for me to try on a bra. And at that time, more than 15 years ago, my breasts were smaller than now. The problem that there is not "one size fit's all" exists for me too. I have bras in sizes of 38C, 40A, 40B and 40C that fit me well, depending on the bra. Getting fitted by a professional fitter is always the best solution and of course trying on many types of bras. With the size of your breasts I would rather wear a bra than not.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline gotgyne

Thanks for being with me.
I'll go shopping tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and write how it went.

I've run into one more problem - after wearing a bra, the bust rises and my shirts got too tight.
After putting the bra on, basically only some of my wife's blouses are wearable.

So I am also waiting to buy new shirts, I wonder if a larger size is enough?
Women's clothes have a different cut and therefore those belonging to the wife fit better, although she is finer than I am.

And then there is one more thing. I've noticed that all these fitting sessions excite me a bit, which I totally didn't expect, they are not unpleasant.
Have you also experienced this?
TikTak, your wife's blouses are looking really good on you. It's totally clear that men's shirts don't work for you anymore. They're just too small in the chest area. In the beginning I often had feelings of sexual arousal, but it became less over time. It didn't vanish completely, what I like. In women this occurs too. I read about a woman in her 40s who always got sexually aroused when trying on a new bra (It was in the book by Daphna Ayalah: Breasts. Women speak about their breasts and their lives).

Offline Johndoe1

TikTak, Looking at the latest pictures, that bra looks too small for you. Is it an underwire or a softup? Softcups will not tack against the sternum and give you uniboob look, where underwires should lay flat against the sternum and separate the breasts into two separate breasts. The wires will also sit in the arm pit to encompass all the breast tissue that also goes into the arm pit area. A good rule of thumb is fit the band first and then fit the cups. Also you may want to stay away from white bras. Look for natural tones and black for dark tops. White will show through fairly easy.

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Gotgyne, You wrote that:
"It's totally clear that men's shirts don't work for you anymore"

Should I expect not only wear bras but womens blouses too?????:)
All in all, it's probably a good idea.
Passersby won't look at me as a man with breasts wearing women's underwear, only they may sometimes not even pay attention
to an ugly woman in a nice blouse.:)
Definitely should try it, I just need to shave carefully beforehand.:):):):)

Johndoe1, the bra is soft, without underwires. Thank You for the advice - I will avoid white.
I only tried bras which were available for me at the time.
Overall, however, it becomes indifferent white, black or flesh-colored.
As I just checked in a bra, the boobs are so big that you have to forget about hiding them, just accept the fact.

To my disadvantage plays weight, I have just over 80kg and 85C with my figure is really a lot.
Someone who is over 100kg will look completely different in a bra of this size.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024