Author Topic: Post Surgery Puffiness  (Read 4779 times)

Offline randomuser1

• Posting Member
I posted this on healing and post surgery but no responses, so i try my luck here:

Ok guys here's my story. As of today , sept 17. i am 6 weeks post op.

I had my surgery in Beijing China by the best plastic surgery clinic in china. The surgery went fine, i only had a mild case. I had lipo + excision. 200cc of fat was taken from each side of my chest.  

Once my surgery ended and while i was still on the operating table, i was able to tilt my head and look at my chest. Completely flat just like i wanted it!

Once surgery ended the doc put these  "drains" on my surgical site. These were white rubber folded sheets that provided a path for the fluid to drain onto the white cloth.

He told me to return the next day and he took it off because he said there was little fluid. Which i agreed because only a fairly small amount of fluid leaked onto the cloth.

A few days later i noticed some hard tissue that had developed. I was sure  this is scar tissue because it formed in lines, just like the shape of the cannula, the scars also led to the incision site of the cannula. After vigorious massage the tissue softened significantly and i can only feel it now if i lift my arm to stretch out my skin.

I wore my vest for 5 weeks and continue to wear it now at night at 6 weeks post op and am still massaging.

Anyways during the first week or so my chest was flat just like i wanted but then the areas around the areola started to  puff out. And as i mentioned before, that after surgery i was able to tilt my head to look at my chest and it was completely flat, now if i look at it from the same position it's not as flat.

As of now the puffiness only goes down if my nipples are hard.  

And if i wear my vest for a long time and take it off, my chest is flatter than when they nipples are just hard. But after a while with the vest off they puff out again.  

Once again i am 6 weeks post op and still massaging and wearing the vest at nights. Now i don't know what to do because it is still puffy.  

I'm wondering if they can eventually heal to the point of when i looked at it right after surgery while still on the operating table.  

Also what do u guys think it's causing this? im thinking maybe some fliud, swelling, or scarr tissue? i've ruled out left over gland because the puffiness wasn't there directly after surgery. But i don't know? how long do u think this will last for?

Offline randomuser1

• Posting Member
someone please help?  :(

Offline nargle

• Posting Member
Don't know what to tell you really, most people say wait 3-6 months before giving the results final justice.  Usually people who don't have an excision get their puffy nipples to come back.  Maybe your surgeon didn't excise enough?  Again, I'd say wait a couple of more weeks and keep on massaging that scar tissue.  Also ask your surgeon his/her opinion.

Offline tmart24

• Posting Member
  • I'm new, and this place is great.
I am 9 weeks post op.

During the course of healing I have had swelling etc. and it has looked different on a day to day basis.

I would not be concerned. Now everything looks excellent. It just takes time.

If it still looks bad in a few months, then get concerned. You may want to take it easy on the massaging (or at least take a break for a few days here and there), because I've found that can increase the swelling.

DrBermant

I posted this on healing and post surgery but no responses, so i try my luck here:

Ok guys here's my story. As of today , sept 17. i am 6 weeks post op.

I had my surgery in Beijing China by the best plastic surgery clinic in china. The surgery went fine, i only had a mild case. I had lipo + excision. 200cc of fat was taken from each side of my chest. 

Once my surgery ended and while i was still on the operating table, i was able to tilt my head and look at my chest. Completely flat just like i wanted it!

Once surgery ended the doc put these  "drains" on my surgical site. These were white rubber folded sheets that provided a path for the fluid to drain onto the white cloth.

He told me to return the next day and he took it off because he said there was little fluid. Which i agreed because only a fairly small amount of fluid leaked onto the cloth.

A few days later i noticed some hard tissue that had developed. I was sure  this is scar tissue because it formed in lines, just like the shape of the cannula, the scars also led to the incision site of the cannula. After vigorious massage the tissue softened significantly and i can only feel it now if i lift my arm to stretch out my skin.

I wore my vest for 5 weeks and continue to wear it now at night at 6 weeks post op and am still massaging.

Anyways during the first week or so my chest was flat just like i wanted but then the areas around the areola started to  puff out. And as i mentioned before, that after surgery i was able to tilt my head to look at my chest and it was completely flat, now if i look at it from the same position it's not as flat.

As of now the puffiness only goes down if my nipples are hard. 

And if i wear my vest for a long time and take it off, my chest is flatter than when they nipples are just hard. But after a while with the vest off they puff out again. 

Once again i am 6 weeks post op and still massaging and wearing the vest at nights. Now i don't know what to do because it is still puffy. 

I'm wondering if they can eventually heal to the point of when i looked at it right after surgery while still on the operating table. 

Also what do u guys think it's causing this? im thinking maybe some fliud, swelling, or scarr tissue? i've ruled out left over gland because the puffiness wasn't there directly after surgery. But i don't know? how long do u think this will last for?
6 weeks after surgery can be very eary in tissue evolution with some techniques. 

Posting Standardized Before and After Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early resuts:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 01:46:45 PM by DrBermant »

Offline harveyd

• Posting Member
hi randomuser , who was your surgeon in china? and how much did it cost?... is it worth travelling there for surgery?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024