Author Topic: HELP!! PLS ADVISE!!!Big Nipples!  (Read 5822 times)

Offline angelofdeath

hi,
i am 18 yrs old and i have gynecomastea for the last 3 years.. i also a feel a small lump beneath my left nipple and im not sure wht tht really is..i am really confused about wht to do and considering surgery..please take a look and advise me on my condition!!!!!

i spoke to the endocrinologist and he said tht it is just pubertal and it should jus go away when i turn 19 or maybe 20..but i doubt its gonna be ok becuase it would have been otherwise and i wouldnt have to be stuck with it for 3 yrs now..wht do ya'll think and suggest i should do???
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:42:52 AM by angelofdeath »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
lump's just part of the gyne.  not an extreme case, but there's no reason it has to be.  talk to a surgeon experienced in gyne. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At the age of 18, unless you are a full time student, you may have fallen off any medical coverage that was provided by your parents.

In any case, most insurance companies will not cover surgery for Gynecomastia unless there is an underlying pathology.  The insurance companies will tell you that Gynecomastia is so common that it is well within the definition of "Normal".

So what do you do now? Either live with it and ignore it or have it surgically reduced. 

Don't waste any of your money on those phoney pills etc, they do not work. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline angelofdeath

im not a fulltime student now, ive just finished high skool and im taking some time off before college which is why i think this is the best time for anything i want to do or change..im really worried about surgeries going wrong or not being successful and things being the same as before do u have any idea on this and does it come back after surgery ..??

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if the guy half knows his stuff, meaning if he does this a lot, probably nothing to worry about.  it only is a risk to come back if the hormonal issues are still irregular, which at your age might be worth an endo test pre op. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024