Author Topic: Smart lipo just a marketing tool or any improvement over previous lipo methods?  (Read 3038 times)

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member

I recently encountered an out of state surgeon who uses smart lipo.

How does smart lipo ( which uses lasers I think) differ from traditional or ultrasonic liposuction.

Would vaser be better for gynecomastia than smart lipo?

I do realize that vaser does not remove gland, so there is no need to restate that fact.

Thank you.

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
The way I see It Lipo is Lipo is Lipo. There is nothing out there that has convinced me that It would be better to use one machine over the other.
Trust in your surgeon do your homework, contact former patients if you are really careful.

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
The way I see It Lipo is Lipo is Lipo. There is nothing out there that has convinced me that It would be better to use one machine over the other.
Trust in your surgeon do your homework, contact former patients if you are really careful.

That is easier said then done. Many surgeons are reluctant to give out the type of information you need to make an informed decision.

I contact one surgeon on their website with a list of technical questions and my response all comes from a 19 year old girl receptionist who send me per-scripted marketing information about the doctor without answer any specific details of my questions.

The only valuable piece of information is that he uses smart lipo.

The before & after pictures he has show only a few cases, they are like extreme cases were the person may have lost like 300 pounds and needed a ton of skin removed.

My understanding is that smart lipo was bad for a lot of fat to be removed, I find it strange that he has taken on extreme cases but used a tool for removal of a small amounts of fat.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is a competitive name game and the makers of the equipment are competing with each other for a good share of the market.

The company with the catchiest name wins. It really has nothing to do with how effective the equipment is, it is purely marketing.

Whatever your surgeon has experience and consistant good results with is the best regardless of name.
Grandpa Dan

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
There is a competitive name game and the makers of the equipment are competing with each other for a good share of the market.

The company with the catchiest name wins. It really has nothing to do with how effective the equipment is, it is purely marketing.

Whatever your surgeon has experience and consistant good results with is the best regardless of name.

Speaking of name games, have you heard this one yet? He used another one called SAFE lipo however safe did not mean that it was actually safe, it was an acronym for a methods.

The S= Separate, because the first step was to separate the fat, and so on.....

So I kind of see what you are saying with the name game. I wish there was documentation to say that if you do intend to melt the fat away before doing traditional liposuction, then are light or sound(ultrasonic) equal in that regard? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery

Whatever your surgeon has experience and consistent good results with is the best regardless of name.

Thanks, paa_paw  could not have said it better myself.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024