Author Topic: Marijuana And Gyne reformation question???  (Read 3335 times)

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
If Marijuana was NOT the underlying cause of my gynecomastia, will it cause it to reform after surgery???

Offline donnieosmond

• Bronze Member
Unlikely. It's still not proven (as far as I know) that it directly causes it. If your PS cuts out all the gland from your breast tissue I highly doubt marijuana will cause them to regrow. I'm no expert however, just my 2 cents.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
not worth the risk, imho.  recurrence, like starting up, is caused by hormonal factors, and pot does have effect on hormones, which is why i think studies established a weak to moderate link to gyne. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
how long would i have to go with out weed, before and after surgery?

Offline headheldhigh01

smartass answer:  how long to you want to minimize your risk of gyne?   :D 

more serious answer.  like i said, there's a link.  it's a predisposition because of the hormone effect.  it's not a guarantee you'd get it, but it increases your chances, and it would be hard to say exactly by how much unless you were an endo who'd read the studies.  i never got hooked on or tried the stuff, but speaking personally, even a 10% risk would make me take a long hard second look at the doobies. 

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
yea, and i have been trying to quit for a month now but im having a really hard time, and not being able to quit is stressing me out because it might effect my gynecomastia surgery. I will just try to quit, but after surgery how long until results are final and marijuana will not effect it at all??

Offline headheldhigh01

as long as there are factors that can make your hormones go screwy enough, which is anytime especially if you're doing weed, there will never be any such thing as "final".  only worse odds, or better ones.  you'll just have to inform yourself as best as you can and decide whether it's worth it or not. 

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
well if it will come back then it is most def, not worth it. how does marijuana effect your hormones? and also, would cleaning your system from marijuana effect your hormones?

Offline headheldhigh01

you really want to open a can of worms here, don't you  :D

this is one of the most argued subjects here.  a lot of the pro-pot arguments go like, well my friend smokes half the weed out of british columbia and he never got it.  but all that proves is that he was maybe a little more lucky, just like not everyone that smokes gets lung cancer, and a lot of them won't get emphysema and heart disease either, but that doesn't mean they're not connected, in the case of that example, strongly. 

somebody here once posted a link to a lengthy medical study in maybe even the last 3-4 years, you might be able to search it up, idk.  maybe i could try to find something later in a couple days if i get time, not sure if i will.  all i can tell you is i read it, and i think it was pretty definitive in terms of the endo impact.  so people will argue for and against, and no one can give you a definite prediction.  all they can tell you to do is watch for certain factors that mess up your odds, and what you do from there is just up to you. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 02:45:13 AM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
thanks for the advice, if you ever come across anymore advice on this matter, let me know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024