Author Topic: Serious Marijuana Question:  (Read 8159 times)

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
Alright guys, this COULD be an intro or w/e..but it also links to a question about Marijuana.

So basically I've had Gynecomastia for roughly 4 years. I believe it started due to Marijuana and the fact that I haven't really hit puberty back then. So basically by smoking marijuana before puberty, I believe that that had an impact on my gynecomastia. I was around 14-15 when they happened. I am now 19 years old, and I haven't smoked weed since then and I have gotten my blood tests and everything and everything is normal, but I still have puffy nipples.

So my question is, will marijuana make my gyecomastia bigger than it was before now that I have actually gone through puberty?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
so you smoked MJ, then hit puberty, then got gyne and it's the MJ that caused the gyne?  ::)

the massive hormonal flux you experienced during puberty is what caused the gyne. how about this: you have a baseline for your hormonal profile... smoke the MJ and get your levels retested.

irish lad

moobius not calling you out or anything but man dont encourage him to smoke mj thats possably the worst peice of advice i ever heard on this site  :D i mean  just for a hormone test he said he hasnt smoked it for 4 or 5 years it woudnt be smart to start again..

personal..if your thinkin about it dont go back smoking it for the sake of a test your not a guniee pig ;)

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
so you smoked MJ, then hit puberty, then got gyne and it's the MJ that caused the gyne?  ::)

the massive hormonal flux you experienced during puberty is what caused the gyne. how about this: you have a baseline for your hormonal profile... smoke the MJ and get your levels retested.

Well, it could of been during puberty..xD

Edit: But I remember weeks after smoking weed I started noticing puffy nipples..so..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:57:02 AM by Personal1 »

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Same ...

Weed increases Estrogen levels (female hormone) and im pretty sure that this contrbutes to gyne.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Weed increases Estrogen levels (female hormone)

myth

"It has been scientifically shown that marijuana use can impair male fertility. Studies conducted in rats have concluded that marijuana causes decreased sperm production (spermatogenesis), decreased number of developing germ cells and decreased number of Leydig cells in the testis (cells responsible for testosterone secretion)."

Nope... It decreases Tesostrone, which means that theres more Estrogen...

Offline MSJ108

Weed increases Estrogen levels (female hormone)

myth

"It has been scientifically shown that marijuana use can impair male fertility. Studies conducted in rats have concluded that marijuana causes decreased sperm production (spermatogenesis), decreased number of developing germ cells and decreased number of Leydig cells in the testis (cells responsible for testosterone secretion)."

Nope... It decreases Tesostrone, which means that theres more Estrogen...

Actually decreased test does not mean increased estrogen. However, it means you have ELEVATED estrogen levels.  ;)

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/207/2/611

According to all of the research since the late 80's and early 90's, marijuana does not alter sex hormone levels in humans.

Drug Alcohol Depend. 1991 Aug;28(2):121-8.

Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women.

Block RI, Farinpour R, Schlechte JA.

Department of Anesthesia, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242.

To investigate possible effects of chronic marijuana use on reproductive and stress hormones, we assayed testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin, and cortisol in 93 men and 56 women with a mean (+/- S.E.) age of 23.5 +/- 0.4 years. Hormone values were compared among groups of subjects stratified according to frequency of marijuana use (frequent, moderate and infrequent; N = 27, 18, and 30, respectively) and non-using controls (N = 74). Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.
Beitr Gerichtl Med. 1990;48:57-66.

[Serum testosterone concentrations in cannabis and opiate users]

[Article in German]

Friedrich G, Nepita W, Andre T.

Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitat Freiburg.

The object of this study was to establish possible influences of long-term cannabis usage on plasma testosterone levels. The plasma testosterone levels of 66 male Pakistani who for years had smoked cannabis daily or drank cannabis regularly where measured after chronic and acute intake of the drug and compared with a material of 41 normal controls, i.e. persons who did not use cannabis. An evaluation of the results showed that there were no significant differences between the two groups. No influence of long-term cannabis usage on plasma testosterone levels was found. Furthermore we wished to find out wether long-term heroin abuse showed an effect on plasma testosterone levels. The concentrations of testosterone in the plasma of 102 heroin addicts assigned to a Methadone Program were measured and compared with the values of 29 male healthy students as controls. Plasma testosterone levels were found to be significantly decreased in heroin addicts as compared to controls.

J Steroid Biochem. 1989;34(1-6):263-70.

The effects of 9-ene-tetrahydrocannabinol on hormone release and immune function.

Dax EM, Pilotte NS, Adler WH, Nagel JE, Lange WR.

Addiction Research Center, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Baltimore, MD 21224.

We investigated effects of 9-ene-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) on endocrine and immunological function. Seventeen male volunteers entered into a double blind, randomized study to receive oral THC (10 mg t.i.d. for 3 days and on the morning of the fourth day) or placebo, after at least 2 weeks of abstinence. Plasma prolactin, ACTH, cortisol, luteinizing hormone and testosterone were not altered during or after THC, compared with baseline concentrations. Tests of lymphocyte function showed no differences compared to baseline between THC and placebo groups. As the relatively low dosing regimen of THC (10 mg t.i.d.) resulted in no alterations, another group of 6 men were administered higher doses of THC by inhalation (18 mg/marijuana cigarette) following the same dosing regimen. No endocrine or immunological alterations were observed. When the subjects were grouped according to their history of THC use prior to admission, heavy THC users had lower prolactin concentrations than light users. No differences were observed in concentrations of other hormones or in tests of immune function.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024