Author Topic: just got gynecomastia at 19?  (Read 3041 times)

Offline J789

• Posting Member
hey im 19 and i developed a case of gynecomastia aboout 4 months ago. i have 2 very large hard lumps right under my nipples that make them stick out and look awkward. im 5'10 and weigh 150 so my low body fat makes them look even weirder. i was wondering has anyone heard of someone developing gynecomastia out of nowhere so late?

a little about me:
i used to eat pretty unhealthy but for the past year or so ive been eating very healthy and i mean very.
i work out occasionaly
play sports with my friends a few days a week.
father did not have this when he was younger
ive smoked weed maybe a couple times a week for the past 4 years.
i got blood work done and everything came back normal

does anyobody have any insight on what could be going on with me?  is it possibly going to go away? ive read that the surge of testasterone that kids get at the end of puberty is what makes it go away, and since im long past puberty does that mean theres no chance of it leaving?

thanks

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Post your labs with reference ranges so that we can see if something maybe abnormal for your age.

Offline J789

• Posting Member
what does that mean?

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
you have a private message

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you think about it and try very hard to be totally objective, is it possible that the condition has been in development for some time and that you suddenly became aware of it?

There is little chance that gynecomastia would come on rapidly at your age unless it was caused by a glandular problem or as a side effect to either street drugs or some medications.

Presuming that your Gynecomastia is of rapid and recent onset, See a doctor!

Gynecomastia is usually caused by the otherwise harmless fluctuations in your hormones during puberty. While it is rare, Gynecomastia can sometimes be an important symptom of serious medical problems.
Grandpa Dan

GynO_DuDe

When I had it, I ONLY noticed it at the age of 17 and always thought losing weight would resolve it.

BUT, looking at photos of myself in France when I was 12 I actually had t!t$ since then!!!

Offline J789

• Posting Member
nah man i definetly just developed it.  i had been a tad on the chubby side before about a year ago, and i did have some fat deposits in my chest that did resemble breasts, however i started eating healthy and then got a really flat chest, nothing out of the ordinary at all. then about 4 months ago i started developing soreness under my nipples and eventually it turned into big lumps that stick way out and look horrible. pretty ironic that after i change my lifestyle for the better, this happens. like i said i got tests and they came back normal.

what is going on? im 19 and going back to college for my sophmore year and i have the chest of a 14 year old girl

could this possibly go away or is that out of the question at this late of an age?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:00:32 PM by J789 »

Offline Layzie

• Posting Member
hey im 19 and i developed a case of gynecomastia aboout 4 months ago. i have 2 very large hard lumps right under my nipples that make them stick out and look awkward. im 5'10 and weigh 150 so my low body fat makes them look even weirder. i was wondering has anyone heard of someone developing gynecomastia out of nowhere so late?

a little about me:
i used to eat pretty unhealthy but for the past year or so ive been eating very healthy and i mean very.
i work out occasionaly
play sports with my friends a few days a week.
father did not have this when he was younger
ive smoked weed maybe a couple times a week for the past 4 years.
i got blood work done and everything came back normal

does anyobody have any insight on what could be going on with me?  is it possibly going to go away? ive read that the surge of testasterone that kids get at the end of puberty is what makes it go away, and since im long past puberty does that mean theres no chance of it leaving?

thanks

Yeahh, It couldnt be smoking weed multiple times a week for several years.

Offline J789

• Posting Member
i guess your being sarcastic but isnt weed causing gynecomastia the most debated topic around here?

edit: or one of the most

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024