Author Topic: how do i prepare for operation  (Read 1995 times)

Offline dhillon88

My gyno op is booked for 4 weeks time, it will be lipo and removal of glands....

To be honest, since i booked it, i have kinda let go of my usually healthy diet. I been out a few times to eat... my mentality is that once i have had the operation done and have recovered, i will get into the gym, eat healthy in order to loose more weight, and also loose weight on my chest, if lipo hasnt already completely acomplished my desired results...

But i want to ask ur opinions, should i actually be trying to loose as much weight as i can now before the operation?

I am trying not to have my hopes up, or dream of my results, as i dont know wot to expect, all i want is the tissue to be removed, hopefully lipo will be done, but thats secondary to me, as I am generally healthy... all these years i been going to the gym knowing running won't remove the gyno, but once i know the tissue has gone, i can be sure that any running or gym will be affective...

Wots ur opinions or experience on this?

Offline george92

• Posting Member
I'm in the same situation as you, and I'm exercising so that once the op does get done, the results will look even better. Plus its easy to say you'll exercise after the op, but you may be out of action for a couple of weeks, and so its best to lose weight to counter any weight you put on during your recovery period. Get into the habit of eating healthier, but in a sustainable way, so that while you're recovering, although you're not exercising, you are eating healthily and limiting any weight gain.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
George 92 -- could not have said it better myself.

In prep for surgery, one need not go on a crash diet -- but one should watch one's weight and eat healthy.  There will be a period of several weeks post op when you will not be allowed to exercise -- and that is when you could gain weight.

When your doctor has cleared you, you should hit the gym hard -- and if you tone up and lose a bit of weight, the results of your surgery will be even better.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024