Author Topic: I'm finally booked for consultation! How should I prepare for rejection?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline iwanttoswim

Last night I could hardly sleep because I was so excited to have the chance of talking to someone who can decide if I get surgery or not. If they say yes it means that I pay an amount that isn't exactly free, yet everyone here would do it in a heartbeat. All thanks to our government-funded health care.

Still, there is this thought in the back of my mind and that is that the doctor might say no. I don't really know if I could handle something like that. My chest hurts and I've been waiting for over a year to get surgery.
I know beggars can never be choosers but I still feel like such an outcome would have a huge impact on my well-being.

How do I avoid getting my hopes up?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No preparation required, you just do it. 

How do you prepare to drive a car?  Statistically it is more dangerous to be in a car in traffic than to be a soldier in combat.  Yet we drive.

Are you married or planning to get married some day?  The percentage of marriages that fail is staggering, but it is a chance that most of us are willing to take.

Life is full of similar examples.  Just do it and realize that the worst thing that the surgeon could say is that they cannot help you.  Even then you would actually lose nothing.   

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024