Author Topic: Surgery Completed on 24/06/2013  (Read 6124 times)

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone,

Background
[/size][/color]
So I will assume we all have the same problem being on this forum. I suffered from pubertal Gynecomastia since the age of 13 and now I'm 25. This issue persisted after puberty and never went away. I was never overweight and I workout regularly. However as you all know Breast tissue or gland will never disappear as a result of Gynecomastia.

It was always something that annoyed me and it didn't matter how much weight I Lost or How much I workout, it was always there. About 2 years ago I came across this forum and started reading some stories and surgery experiences. The more I read the more I  became serious about having surgery myself.

Taking Action
[/size][/color]
I begun researching surgeons in Sydney and reading a lot about the pros and cons and associated surgery risk. It became clear to me that the only way to get rid of this is to have surgery and remove the Gynecomastia.

I decided to at least get a consult and researched the best surgeons, it seemed that Dr Ben Norris was the obvious choice. I  booked a consultation with him early May. he examined me and told me I have real Bilateral Gynecomastia and was considered somewhat severe. We went through the usual questions regarding Scarring, Incision, healing etc... He told me to have a think about it and call him if I decide.

Few weeks went by and It was always in the back of my head until I decided I want to go ahead with surgery. I begun organising  for a date that will fit into my schedule and my leave from work. So finally I decided to go under the knife on the 24th of June.

Surgery Day
[/color][/size]

I arrived at the private hospital at 09:30 am for an 11:00 am Surgery. I finalised my payments and was shown to my recovery guided to my recovery rooms. The told me to change and gave me some garments and a robe to wear.

Two hours later I the Anesthesia guy came in and asked some question then the surgeon came in and marked me and told me they are ready for me. I walked in the the operating room and the feeling was overwhelming, The first thing came to my head is what the hell am I doing here but I was calm and thought the quicker I get this done the better. They stuck the Anesthesia in my and that was the last thing I remember. I woke up in the recovery room with the compression garment on. there was no pain but extremely sore and I had no chest (weird).

Post-Op
[/size]

About two hours later I was ready to be discharged. I got Home and had something to eat, I couldn't move much or lift my arms too high because of the soreness. The doctor gave me some pain killers and anti-inflammatory medication. took those and watched some TV and headed to bed.

Day 2 onward:First thing is that I couldn't get out of bed alone and was very very sore, couldn't even stand straight.
Now I get more movement ability day by day. I went for the post op consultation on 02/07/2013 and the doctor removed the stitching and changed the bands under my nipples. he said everything is healing nicely and he said he took out gland which we are waiting for the results from pathology and was surprised he had to take more fat with lipo then expected.

Now its just a matter of time and healing. Cant wait for week 4 to take off the compression garment and go back to working out and building better pecs.

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Hey mate, glad your on the path to recovery! Having my surgery with Dr Norris on Monday. Very nervous and excited, any tips beforehand?

Offline Lemmiwinks21

• Posting Member
Good to hear keep us updated man. I'm booked in for surgery 3 weeks from now. Also got a weird mixture of excitement and nervousness about it but more than anything just keen to be on the other side of this and start the recovery stage!

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Hi EY2012 & Limmiwinks21,

Thanks and congrats on taking the step. Being a bit nervous is OK but there is no need to be paranoid or overly stressed about it. Dr Norris knows his stuff, that why I chose him.
Main thing is to take sufficient time off work and get some movies ready for your post op, you wont be doing much for the first few days.

How severe is your Gyno?

let us know how it goes.

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Mine is pretty severe, Dr Norris tried putting me through the public system because of that but apparently they dont accept applications anymore. Had my pre-op yesterday and just waiting for operation on Monday :D

Offline Lemmiwinks21

• Posting Member
Mine isn't that severe from what i've seen on this forum. Alot of the time I can get away with it seeming like I just have a big chest. But it's something that's always frustrated me and i've never felt comfortable with my shirt off(or even shirt on alot of the time). Anyway i'm not from Sydney so will probably just be chilling in a hotel room for a few days afterwards watching movies as you said until the first post-op appointment. I have a pretty hairy chest, any advice on shaving it before the op?

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
I've been told to not shave my chest beforehand and the nurse will do it.

Offline sam1991

Hey mate glad it went well..how does your chest feel now
..how do you feel now?
How much was the cost of the op

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Hi Lemmiwinks21,

no need to shave at all. this will be done by a nurse. I was put under the anesthesia with chest hair, woke up shaven lol.

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Hi Sam,

I seem to be getting more range of motion day by day. The swelling is up and down. I still didn't see the scars under my nipple as they are covered with the band. The healing process is baby steps to be honest. It depends on how your own body reacts to the surgery and how severe the Gyno is. PM me for surgery cost.

Offline Lemmiwinks21

• Posting Member
All the best for tomorrow EY2012! Let us know how it goes

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
Very very sore atm and some pain, and need help getting out of bed. Have post op tmmrw. Will write a detailed outline once i have the energy

Offline MATE

• Posting Member
Hi EY2012,

Congrats on the surgery, ope it was successful. Yep, I need assistance getting out of bed for a whole week. I find it weird that you have your post op so soon. My first post op was 8 days after surgery, my second post op is tomorrow Day 18.

Offline EY2012

• Posting Member
hi yeh the dr thought it would be best. seeing dr again on wednesday. still some pain, how r u going? can i ask you something MATE? Pmed you

Offline Lemmiwinks21

• Posting Member
Alright boys it's my turn. It's quietly crept up on me but tomorrow is the big day. A bit anxious now that it's so close, but more than anything just really keen to be on the other side of this. I'm pretty optimistic about it all too i'm excited to see my results. Wish me luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024