Author Topic: Census of the members living with gyno  (Read 8526 times)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
It would be interesting to gather some data on the experiences of men accepting and living with gynecomastia.  Please take a moment and answer the following questions:

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia?
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?
4. What is your bra size?
5. What is your preferred style of bra?
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts?
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much?

hammer

It would be interesting to gather some data on the experiences of men accepting and living with gynecomastia.  Please take a moment and answer the following questions:

2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts?
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much?

1. Very young but had no idea what it was, it was the 60' s
2. Good question, but at this point no longer care what started it, as I aged it was hormones, then lost of testicles.
3. Stared in the mid 1990's I was in my 30's I was a "C" cup, started wearing a bra all the time in my mid 40's, now at age 56
4.46H.
5.Good support! Not sure of the brand of hand but I order now from Allure.
6. Comfort
7. All but the MRI
8. Every now and then up till last year.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? 36
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc) Unkown
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age? 38, 40.
4. What is your bra size? 42C
5. What is your preferred style of bra? Underwire PU
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra? No pain
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts? No
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much? Went from b to c.

Offline jdb

• Posting Member
1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? About 50
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)   Bilateral orchitis leading to testicular atrophy coupled with hyperprolactimia.
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?  About 56 I started and wore regularly straight away.  I am now 62.
4. What is your bra size?  38D or 38DD depending on manufacturer.
5. What is your preferred style of bra? Front opening sports compression type bra.
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra? Supports and minimises.
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts? I have had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy.
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much? Fast to C cup, slow to DD cup.

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? 52
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc) Hypogonadism
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age? 53
4. What is your bra size? b/c/d Depending on maker (Yes, they can vary that much!)
5. What is your preferred style of bra? Racerback, underwire (sometimes)
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra? Personal comfort.
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts? No
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much? Some.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
It would be interesting to gather some data on the experiences of men accepting and living with gynecomastia.  Please take a moment and answer the following questions:

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia?  40 or so
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)  Guessing weight and hormones.
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?  42 or so.  
4. What is your bra size?  40C in most, bordering on 38D.
5. What is your preferred style of bra?  Minimizer, Full Coverage.  I liked lined for comfort, but unlined for less projection so don't show.
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?  I feel more confident, I don't want to slouch down to hide my chest, I hate feeling unsupported.  With a bra on I am actually more confident on how I look.  I think I actually look better.
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts?  No, too scared to see a dr about it.  I don't want to be lab rat for a dr who wants to send me for tons of testing.
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much?  Not really, but losing weight only affect band size, but my cup volume seems the same, 38D/40C.  I started out in a 42B when I was 41-42.  

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
       I was a little chesty all my life. I started noticing breasts at 65.

I take 5 heart drugs that there is "possibility" maybe cause gyne.

"Conditions that impair absorption, such as  ulcerative colitis and cystic fibrosis, may result in gynecomastia.  Refeeding after prolonged malnutrition can also trigger breast tissue proliferation. Although malnutrition suppresses hormone production, refeeding
     helps resume production."
      This is a quote from  American Family Physician website
     (ww .aafp.org/afp/2012/0401/p716.html) Just add a "w" to the link. It is a good read on Gyne.
     I also took high doses of prednisone(60mg /day) for several months for the ulcerative colitis. It was the only drug
     that helped any at all but may have had a hand in causing my gyne.
     Now I take Remicade infusions every 8 weeks and getting some real relief for the ulcerative colitis.

66 and now 68.  I was complaining to my wife about my breasts hurting when riding      and she "loaned" me one of her old ones that she out grew.

40C/40D

Bali 3235 Molded cup or Hanes G511. Both have nipple concealment for modesty.          My nipples show bad even with most bras.
     The underwire molded cup stops most of the painful flopping around. Very comfortable too.

No breast pain and better looks. My chest looks much better with a bra on. I think I look much better without the headlights(nipples poking out). With the molded cups the breasts are rounded humps rather than pointy ones that the regular bras show. The underwired molded cups are much better at stopping the flopping around too.

Yes my GP did  an exam and blood tests.

Yes. I started out wearing a B cup, now a very full C and a D is just about full now but I still wear the C cups.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia 13 - 14
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc) Hormone imbalance as a teenager
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age? Started experimenting with bras in my 40's and began to wear one regularly at 58.  I'm now 65.
4. What is your bra size? 38B
5. What is your preferred style of bra? Seamless underwire
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts? Mammogram, ultrasound and breast MRI the results were clear
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much? I haven't noticed any significant additional growth but have experienced the typical breast pain associated with growth at times.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
There have been 195 views of this posting but only 7 replies.  I'm sure there are far more than just 7 guys who wear bras on this site.  Step up and be counted and share your experience by posting a response.

Offline walt

• Gold Member

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia?12
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)hormone imbalance non functional pituitary
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?50 now 55
4. What is your bra size?48B
5. What is your preferred style of bra? sports bra
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra? less back mpain and less breast pain
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts?yes mammogram ultra sound and manual breast exams every 6 mo
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much? yes recently but a small ammount

Offline gotgyne

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? 45
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)? Unclear at first, but increased some years later with spironolactone
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age? Experimenting about 48, regularly since 50, now 55 years old
4. What is your bra size? Depending on the bra, 40B or 38C
5. What is your preferred style of bra? Soft-Cup/Wireless/Leotard Back with 3x3 hooks and eyes, colors skin and white
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra? Comfort, reduces bouncing and irritation of my very sensitive nipples
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts? Ultrasound
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much? Yes, from nil to 38C at the monent, still growing
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline littes

• Posting Member
1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? 12
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)? hormone imbalance as a teenager
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age? 20, 27, 29
4. What is your bra size? 40D
5. What is your preferred style of bra? Minimiser bras
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra? reduction of breast projection (minimiser), comfort, stops flopping around
7. Have you had a mammogram, ultrasound, breast MRI or any other medical examination of your breasts? mammogram
8. Have you experienced any additional growth in your breasts since the initial onset and if so how much? I was a B cup during the teenage years, then C and D cup so the use of a bra

Offline Del

• Bronze Member
Answers to questions re.members living with gyno

1.    60
2.  Hormone imbalance due to misdiagnosed  prostate cancer and  wrong drug treatment to stop testosterone production.
3. Started wearing a bra about 12years ago.
4.  38DD
5. Fitted  minimiser bra from Asda in UK    (Measured elsewhere).
6. Comfort,stops unwanted movement,stops pressure on my back by  supporting the breasts.
7. Had mammogram
8. Breasts grew slowly at first the went from A to B to C then D and now DD. Growth has stopped.
Del

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
1.  12
2.  Puberty
3.  Experimented starting at age of 14.  Never wore one consistently but did wear one for intense activity like mountaineering. Do not presently wear one on a regular basis.
4.  46B or 48 A
5.  Athletic or leisure.
6.  Contains and stops bounce.
7.  Mammogram.
8.  not that I am aware of.
Grandpa Dan

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
1. Young teen
2. Unknown at first.  Medications starting at 50.
3. 58
4. 46dd
5. Minimizer
6. Reduced shoulder, neck pain.  Bounce!!!!
7. Mammogram.  First one two years ago.  Each year since.
8. Yes.  44d. 46c. 46d. 46dd.
Y'all have a goodun.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024