Author Topic: New Minimizer bra  (Read 5776 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I just picked up a Soma Stunning Support No Show Minimizer bra.  It fits really well, and is very supportive, while still reducing some of my size. 

If you are looking for a minimizer bra, this is a REALLY good one.  Supportive, I really like it a lot. 

I stay with minimizers or full coverage bras as much as I can.  I don't like demi bras or balconettes, just need full coverage.

TomJones

It would be nice if you could post a picture of yourself (chest area only) if you were open to it to see how it fits on a guy and how it minimizes your breasts (with and without).

Personally, I don't know how a "minimizer" minimizes when they lift/separate the breasts (underwire), and in addition, are made out of a thick material that are made to hide and cover the nipples.  The extra curve material, I would think, would add to the bust size as well as the underwire lifting/separating which would both exacerbate the problem of overall chest size.

Although I accept the fact that I have 40B/C breasts, I don't want to advertise that fact to the general public.  However, if I can be convinced that a minimizer makes my breasts look smaller, I will purchase one and wear it.
Tom

hammer

Ya, come on Bman let's get a pix bro!

Tom, if you go to "my story after all these years" in stories, I have some pictures of myself in a minimizer bra however I know now it was to small. I have 3 pictures in all of how my breast look, with bra, right and left breast. Maybe you've seen them already.

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/2/my-story-after-all-these-years/?action=dlattach;attach=11365;image

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/2/my-story-after-all-these-years/?action=dlattach;attach=11367;image

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/2/my-story-after-all-these-years/?action=dlattach;attach=11369;image

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Generally minimizers are a full coverage cup, that covers well, and most redistribute the tissue in a way that reduces the overall look of the size.  You can only compress so much (sports bra) that becomes uncomfortable for daily wear, where a minimizer generally is much more comfortable.  I like it too it becomes a more natural look, not saggy or projecting (like a enhancing type bra) in a odd way that most men don't really want if they are trying to hide the look.  Generally I like soma bras because they push up slightly, filling the cup better, and reducing the projection at the center of the breast.  The Embraceable and Stunning Support No Show Minimizers are generally the same for how it minimizes, they DO have a little padding, which I find very comfortable, but not enough to show and make you bigger.

The Soma Sensuous Sides 1in and 3in Minimizers seem to give you a tad odd shape at the top of the breast, and pushing it out a little at the sides.  Still comfortable, the 3in is firmer especially in the sides.  The 3in I would recommend getting fitted, the 1in is not so critical.  Both still very comfortable.  

My favorite of the 4 Soma Minimizers I have is the Stunning Support model.  I prefer bras that don't have an elastic band under the breast, none of these do.  Generally wirefree bras do.

It would be nice if you could post a picture of yourself (chest area only) if you were open to it to see how it fits on a guy and how it minimizes your breasts (with and without).

Personally, I don't know how a "minimizer" minimizes when they lift/separate the breasts (underwire), and in addition, are made out of a thick material that are made to hide and cover the nipples.  The extra curve material, I would think, would add to the bust size as well as the underwire lifting/separating which would both exacerbate the problem of overall chest size.

Although I accept the fact that I have 40B/C breasts, I don't want to advertise that fact to the general public.  However, if I can be convinced that a minimizer makes my breasts look smaller, I will purchase one and wear it.

I'll see about a picture, I have been skiddish on that!

Tom

TomJones

Sorry, but I am not convinced.
Show me, I am from Missouri.  :)

I'll see about a picture, I have been skiddish on that

Yes, it took me awhile to post my chest pics...I was and still am skiddish about it, too!  However, no one on this forum has a perfect body either!

Tom

hammer

All of us guys are here on the forum for the same reason, "we have breast" we have also decided to accept these breast and wear a bra to support them, in doing so we are here to help and support each other in finding what works as well as getting over any taboo feelings we each may have!

By posting a picture not including your face or below your chest is not a big deal, believe me I've done it! The truth is some of use have gotten to know each other off the forum and found the we have a lot in common other then the fact we have enlarged breast!

I've shared my email, phone number as well as Skype with members of this forum and met some wonderful people, so posting the limited picture is no big deal, I've had no regrets.

Bob

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Okay, finally getting the nerve to post a picture.

This is my all time favorite bra.  My shape is better, it is really comfortable, just the red is much more flashy than I want, but no one sees it. 

It is a 38D, I typically wear a 40C, but I got this on sale and used an extender to get away with it.  When I get some more weight off I hope to ditch the extender.

hammer

Now that wasn't so hard was it?

TomJones

Thank you for the pic. I don't quite agree with hammer.  It is hard. For me taking selfies of my chest and going thru the OMGs, and then posting them online is not an easy process.  It is not like posting on Facebook.

I am still of the opinion that a minimizer does not minimize; it adjusts the shape of the breasts to eliminate abrupt bra lines and to smooth out the chest area. For now with my 40Bs, I will continue to wear my tank tops with built in shelf bras and my cupless sports bras when working out.  No underwires for me yet.

Tom

hammer

Tom, I guess for me I've have been through so much from losing a child when he was only 6 years old to losing my health that having breast don't mean anything to me anymore!

I don't no if you have read "my story after all these years" in stories, but I've had them all my life and been through a ton of crap so as I said, they are meaning less to me! When I had my last surgery in Dec at the VA I was in a room with 3 other men and I would walk around or sit in the bed without  a top on or joke with the nurse about them when the top came off.

Yes, it took a long time to get to this point, in fact I've improve even more recently and since being on the forum as this has helped a lot too knowing there are many others with the same issues!

Bob

aboywithgirls

It is hard at first but once you have accepted your breasts and realize that they are a part of you, a beautiful part of you that should be featured and be proud of just as much as the other 3,000,000,000 people on the planet are. Just because you have a penis, does not automatically mean you shouldn't be wearing a bra daily. The bra shown here is a Playtex 38DDD True Form. 

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
So are the Tru-Form Playtex bras worth it?  I haven't tried one, but I like the style of some of them. 

Not real easy to post, especially in Ruby Red!  But I really like the Soma Stunning Support NoShow Minimizer, very comfortable.  Down in Texas this past week it was getting pretty warm, but overall still very good.

It is hard at first but once you have accepted your breasts and realize that they are a part of you, a beautiful part of you that should be featured and be proud of just as much as the other 3,000,000,000 people on the planet are. Just because you have a penis, does not automatically mean you shouldn't be wearing a bra daily. The bra shown here is a Playtex 38DDD True Form. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024