Author Topic: At what size did you start feeling the need for a bra?  (Read 10711 times)

salger

Just an informal poll...

I started with a 44c underwired bra, which contained well, but was too... uplifiting, shall we say.  Since then, I've found a 42d minimizer bra (still underwired) to be comfortable and, well minimizing.

Wacoal 857109, Lilyette 0904 and Wacoal 855192

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
When i was a 42b when i started excersizing to lose weight.. I now wear a 38A/B sports bra.  I actualy mostly fill a 36C i tried on but i would more likely fill a 36B.   I ware it when i excersize walking briskly Or jog they bounce and hurt.  I fell im borderline where people may think im wierd and to small to need one but they help support while working out.. 

Offline bill44b

• Posting Member
I started wearing a bra when I was a 44b I'm. Now a large 44c

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Started when I was a 44A due to bounce (I walk very briskly). Just used a sports bra to squash and eliminate any shape. Cannot do that anymore, wear a 46C/D now. Must use an underwire for support and still get the the bounce. Had to slow down how I walk. Still like biking because the underwire holds the assets from sliding around.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:34:05 AM by expedient-traveller »

Offline littleguy

• Posting Member
I started at about A/B. A lot of discomfort when mowing and driving the tractor. The sports bras helped so much and made it so comfortable I use them almost daily now.

Offline ALAR

• Posting Member
38A mostly because of the nipple erections but they have grown to about a 38 A/B. I mostly wear a cotton sports bra during the day and a real bra at home at night. I have a Jessica Simpson and a couple of Playtex and they all fit nicely. 

Offline littes

• Posting Member
40C/D cup (depending on model)... it's still my size. Bra wearing stops the flopping and hide nipple erections (both really embarrassing), minimizer bras can distribute better, be very discrete and also comfortable for prolonged wearing.
Anyway I started from sports bras because psychologically more acceptable, I've still some sports bras but I do prefer minimizer.

• Silver Member
I need to try the minimizer. Can you suggest any? I am a 44B/C.

Was a 44B/C in 2015, now a 46C/D in 2017. Still need a good minimizer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:36:09 AM by expedient-traveller »

Offline littes

• Posting Member
I need to try the minimizer. Can you suggest any? I am a 44B/C.

Hi,
Actually the best minimizers I have are from Soma. Anyway, checking from their website there's just one in 44 (No Show Minimizer Bra, but can be too large as it has D cups). My best option, sensuous sides minimizer bra, arrive to 42 (nearest to your size could be 42C (but can be tight!).
I ordered a couple of new bras and in the next few days I'll be able to say if they are good.

Jay55

I still don't feel I "need" a bra. Although I'm sure some people would disagree. I did try a sports bra at one time, but it was too uncomfortable and hot. I guess I was about a 36C then. It wasn't for comfort, but to try to make my breasts less noticeable. It didn't take long for me to decide I wasn't going to try to hide my breasts at the expense of being comfortable. My breasts didn't, and still don't, cause me any pain or discomfort, even though they've gotten bigger (unless I go too fast down stairs, or jump/jog/run, which rarely happens). Maybe some day I'll need a bra. But so far I'm perfectly comfortable without one.

• Silver Member
Well I tried the minimizer bra; it is an underwire and it fits well but I just cannot get used to it. It seems to smooth me out and distribute the "girls" more but it still lifts and once lifted, I stick out. I thought I was a 44 B/C but after being measured I am closer to a 44D, which could explain why the minimizer did not do what I wanted it to do since it was a 44B. Then again it could just be the bra I had on at the time of measuring. Oh well, I did find a sports bra with molded cups. May try that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:51:54 PM by expedient-traveller »

Offline littes

• Posting Member
Well I tried the minimizer bra; it is an underwire and it fits well but I just cannot get used to it. It seems to smooth me out and distribute the "girls" more but it still lifts and once lifted, I stick out. I thought I was a 44 B/C but after betting measured I am closer to a 44D, which could explain why the minimizer did not do what I wanted it to do since it was a 44B. I did find a sports bra with molded cups. May try that.

It may be useful if you can indicate the model/brand. Maybe someone else has tried the same bras or to just have a look. In any case experimenting to find the best bra, as for women, is perfectly normal.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Guess I started to wear a bra after doc's suggestion to "start to take care of my breasts" after noticing a growth spurt.  That was probably as I developed into an almost 48B size 3-4 years ago, and now I am between 48B and 48C depending on bra choice I use.
While I do not always wear a bra, I can tell when I don't as I am always  itching my breast, guess they don't like the stretch they do when left unsupported?
D B

steven618

Does a dr actually advise a bra? Be nice if they wrote a note for it feel that may be the only way to convince the wife its ok to wear one

aboywithgirls

You might be able to get a note but, you wouldn't get a note to wear shoes because you have feet.
Wearing a bra is a choice. I wake up and put on a 36G minimizer bra and go to work. It's my choice to alleviate neck, back,shoulder, and breast pain.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024