Author Topic: Cami with Built-in Shelf Bra  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
Does anybody use camis with built-in shelf bras?

I do.  I like the soft support and modesty even though not wearing a bra.

The only issue is that they seem to be a bit hard to find.  Hanes makes a nice one, though.  

A female friend said there are tons of nursing camis with built-in shelf bras. I said, but I, obviously, am not nursing.  She said doesn't matter; you can't readily notice it is a nursing, as opposed to regular, cami.  She was right.  Leading Lady makes very good nursing camis.

Offline taxmapper

I have.

I have used mostly the cheap store brands but they function. The minimal support along with some compression does the job in many cases and is not overtly obvious. Especially during the cold months when seeing a tank outline on a male body is not unusual.  Plus they are not cropped making them closer to a typically male garment.

The issue I have had though is the minimal support. In of itself the support level works for day to day but activity wise, not so much.

During the summer I can get away with just the tank top and it looks like a typ. wife beater.  Just not white with a beer stain.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
My camis have spaghetti straps, so really cannot pass as a men’s top

aboywithgirls

Dale, I wear camis that are similar. Torrid has the Foxy Cami that I prefer over a regular t shirt. I do have a couple tanks that I bought to try that have a built-in shelf bra. However it provides little support and no shaping so I usually wear a regular bra with it.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I did try a cheap cami with built in bra, but it didn’t work for me. I got the size wrong (they were sized S,M,L and XL) and I guess were Asian sizes which always seem smaller than Western sizes.

Consequently, it was too tight and too short. I thought the idea was great, but would agree that the support wasn’t that good. I found it difficult to find anything that looked like a ‘wife beater’  with wide straps - most seem to favour spaghetti straps, which are a bit obvious if trying to be discreet.

I would definitely try a wide strap tank top with an underwired built in bra if I could find one, but have not found anything suitable yet.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024