Author Topic: What did your doctor recommend?  (Read 1693 times)

Brdy64

The O.T. and nurse recommended a compression vest. We tried several until settling on a TomboyX compression top. 
I'm in West Texas so I assume the staff at the center was thinking concealment more than support or comfort. 
Needless to say, the compression top caused me horrible heat rashes even blistering ones. 
The doctor asked me to stop wearing it and I went back to a soft cup bra. 
Just since yesterday the O.T. has been bothering me about maybe trying a different brand of compression top. I told her I am not going to wear one again. 
I'm happy wearing a bra, I don't have rashes, and I don't even care if I'm visible anymore.
She said: "I hope you aren't turning trans on us?"

Welcome to West Texas I guess 🙄

The doctor himself doesn't seem to chime in on the discussion. But this staff is not happy with men in bras. 

Offline taxmapper

The mood with the current political aspects is obvious. 
I am pretty much to the right myself on most issues. 

The Trans aspect is being way overplayed IMO (ONLY MY OPINION) but its leading to a backlash that i see and IMO its not good. 

In NM, most of the doctors who are actual residents (about 60%) are usually open to things, especially females. 
but the momentum is unfortunately something that I feared would eventually happen. 

Brdy64

The mood with the current political aspects is obvious.
I am pretty much to the right myself on most issues.

The Trans aspect is being way overplayed IMO (ONLY MY OPINION) but its leading to a backlash that i see and IMO its not good.

In NM, most of the doctors who are actual residents (about 60%) are usually open to things, especially females.
but the momentum is unfortunately something that I feared would eventually happen.
Yeah, I agree. It is being overplayed and leading to backlash. I have pretty much concluded that the center is worried about optics, we are dead center of the bible belt and an ultra-conservative community. 
Had I had the same conversation with this staff 20 years ago I might have had a different conversation. It might of been addressed as the medical condition it is. A common one that has been around a long as humans. 
Turning medical conditions into political talking points always results in a mess. 

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
No recommendations. They have inquired if I was looking for surgery, though.

Kazmage

No recommendations just sent me for a ultrasound the results being " you have gynecomastia " and that's where it ended 

Brdy64

No recommendations. They have inquired if I was looking for surgery, though.
If they would have offered surgery a year ago I would have done it. 
Now I wouldn't, I like them and want them to stay. 

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
My vanity isn't worth putting my overall health and children's futures at risk. I have two kids to, potentially, put through college in a few years! ;)

Offline 42CSurprise!

I didn't ask specifically about breasts but did mention gynecomastia in a conversation about whether I should consider hormone replacement with testosterone.  My doctor said it isn't a good idea... which I took to mean I was on my own regarding breast development.  I already knew, of course, that wearing a brassiere was a possibility... since I had a drawer full of them by the time I spoke with him.

I wore a brassiere while hiking today and found myself too warm to keep wearing a shirt.  I removed it and tied it around my waist.  I wondered how I'd react if I met someone on the trail.  My breasts were quite evident in the dark blue turtleneck I wore.  When I returned to my car I noticed two women have lunch in the car parked next to mine.  They were uninterested in my arrival, nor were the drivers of two cars that passed.

I have no interest is flaunting my breasts but there is no denying their presence.  I honestly don't need a doctor to tell me what to do.  I won't have surgery to remove them, so my brassiere adventure will continue.  I even ordered a new one last night... lace.  I'm getting ready for summer.  8)

Offline Johndoe1

I didn't ask specifically about breasts but did mention gynecomastia in a conversation about whether I should consider hormone replacement with testosterone.  My doctor said it isn't a good idea... which I took to mean I was on my own regarding breast development.  I already knew, of course, that wearing a brassiere was a possibility... since I had a drawer full of them by the time I spoke with him.
When speaking to my doctor about testosterone HRT, I was told that would not be a good idea for me since my estrogen was already at work, the testosterone would likely aromatase and I could see a cup or two increase in breast size.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Brdy64

A cup or two increase? 
I wouldn't mind that at all 🤔

Offline Johndoe1

A cup or two increase?
At the time,  that would have put me at a G. I have already grown a cup on my own since then.

Brdy64

A cup or two increase?
At the time,  that would have put me at a G. I have already grown a cup on my own since then.
The more the merrier 😉

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
My doctor advised that I should not go on HRT. He said it was very likely that my breasts would get bigger and that it would shrink my testicles even mote then they are now. And affect my mood. He said it was up to me but advised against it.

Offline RAPC

• Posting Member
I had been wearing a bra for several weeks before I went to my Dr. checkup. I started wearing it because I was having this weird discomfort in my boobs, sensitive nipples, an achy irritated feeling, etc. I told him about it and his response was "do you think you need to wear a bra?" My initial thought on this question was that he thought I might be afraid that I needed to. But I told him that's what I had been doing, and then he told me about compression shirts. I told him I didn't mind wearing a bra except for fear of someone noticing. We discussed some other things, and his final words were, "give them compression and support and if you are self-conscious wearing a bra, then you can try a compression shirt."

I have since wondered if his question "do you think you need to wear a bra?" was maybe a suggestion formed as a question. I hope it was, as I have found I like the feeling of support I get from the bra. I just wish a man wearing a bra was more socially acceptable.

Brdy64

I just wish a man wearing a bra was more socially acceptable.
Actually it is, if you wear the kind joggers are known to wear. They wear them to protect their nipples. They come in very neutral styles as well. 😉

Here is one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lejafay-Sleeveless-T-Shirts-Fitness-X-Large/dp/B0BQR4N6X1/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?keywords=Mens+Sports+Bra&qid=1684143027&sr=8-16

Back when I raced bikes I saw some people wearing something similar. I chose a tight fitting racing jersey instead that kept everything in place.
I wish I still had the figure I had in my 20's, I had a 29" waist. 🙄
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:10:06 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024