Author Topic: Looking back, what are the best practices for healing?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Line6

• Posting Member
My surgery is scheduled 51 days from now. To all you dedicated guys that continue to help the community after your operations, what were the most important recovery tactics in your regimen? Any methods you discovered after your healing was already complete, that you wish you have implemented? Any tips that you learned the hard way during your recovery?

Thanks in advance, 
Line

Offline iamanxiousaftersurgery

• Posting Member
I had my surgery on June 17, 2017. I am just following the surgeon's advice. Also, I am reading about what to expect after surgery from internet. However, there is a lot of freaky stuff out there so don't get afraid. I think the best thing to look out for is that your surgeon should have lots of experience. Mine had done 1200+ surgeries as claimed by his brochure. However, people can lie in the brochure. So, on the day of my surgery, I kept on asking the nurses, the cleaning staff etc. about how many gyne surgeries are done there per day. They all said the same thing that it is about 1 per day (2 max).
One thing is that post surgery, I have been thinking about whether I really needed the surgery. Gyne is a problem but it is a problem that I was living with. Was it necessary to get the surgery done? Consult a few different doctors (not surgeons but general physicians)

Offline iamanxiousaftersurgery

• Posting Member
Also, I am just 4 days post op, so I can't comment much on healing. But, I am having green apple (good for constipation, I have had perfect bowel movement after the first post-op day) and oatmeal + cornflakes for breakfast, normal meal for lunch (avoid chilli and spices) and in dinner I have chicken salad (filled with lettuce, bel pepper, carrot, tomato etc.). After dinner I have some beetroot juice and a green apple.
This is a normal diet plan that I planned for myself after looking at various sites about how to recover after surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024