Author Topic: From then to now  (Read 4057 times)

Offline meiningen15

• Posting Member
Having gained valuable knowledge and help from this site I have decided to add my story. During my early teens I noticed my chest was some what fleshier than my best mates when I asked my mother about this she said it was puppy fat and would go away. Placated of any concerns and the fact that as I aged my man boobs  became  less pronounced I forgot about them until my forties. At that time I put on quite a few pounds and although most of it was round my waist I became aware of my boobs jiggling as I moved. As I approached fifty and the jiggling sometimes ran to discomfort I decided to start a diet and take exercise. Over the next year or so I lost most of the weight I had gained and was now much leaner except for my chest, but during exercise I had become very aware of my bouncing boobs. I persisted with exercise and added various chest specific ones to my regime all was to no avail I had two large and now thanks to weight loss noticeable boobs. I tried to live with them but exercise was becoming increasingly uncomfortable and the only relief was to cup each boob with my hands as I ran or jumped. I figured they needed support so I bought a too tight T Shirt but that was of little use, so I did some research and found this site. First thing I tried was a compression vest but it was uncomfortable made me sweat and gave me a rash. The thought of a bra was anathema so I put up with things for a couple of more years until I could stand it no longer. Armed with a tape measure and instruction from the net I measured myself went to the store found my size and purchased a bra 42b.  After working out how to put it on and adjust the straps I was upset that I hadn't done this years ago here was relief at last. The next task was finding the best bra for me something that took a couple of years and a healthy dose of serendipity. During a shower of rain while on holiday I took shelter in a department store and it was there that I spotted the Naturana non wired minimiser bra it looked right so I bought one. My instinct proved right and upon return I located a local lingerie store who would order them in for me, after a couple of purchases and to avoid questions and lies from getting in the way I confessed that the bras were for me. The Lady that ran the shop could not have been more helpful she checked my measurements and advised on which colours to wear to avoid advertising my bra to others. She also told me about sister sizes and spotted a growth spurt during my mid fifties when I went from a B to a C cup as well advising me  to see my doctor in case  of possible health issues. Thanks to her help I am fully aware of breast Cancer issues and check myself on a regular basis. I now wear a bra every day and a sleep bra when needed I have no problems wearing a bra now and care little if people know. So to answer the questions I often see raised I wear in the main and for comfort plain unwired non padded bras in a multitude of colours I do have a couple of rather feminine floral pattered wired one which I bought because they looked good. I try to be discreet and use colour as well as the cut of my clothes to hide my bra. Finally I now wear panties, first suggested by my lingerie retailer, rejected by me but it just seems right now     DM

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
Thank you for sharing. Your story has similarities to many of us, including when you developed breasts and how they grew bigger later in life. 

I believe there really are only two solutions, remove or accept them.  And acceptance eventually leads to wearing a bra. 

You might wish to migrate to the “acceptance” section of this forum,  as you clearly have accepted and now regularly wear a bra.  And I agree about panties.  If you need to wear a bra, you might as well match it with panties. I think a bra looks silly with men’s underwear and I find panties much more comfortable, soft, and pleasant to wear.  So nice that the lady who sells you your bras suggested you should be wearing panties, too. 

Offline SideSet

I agree. Your lingerie retailer sounds like she was very knowledgeable, open minded and helpful.  Also,  if you need to wear a bra, then it only makes sense to wear panties, also. A bra would look silly with men’s boxers. 

Offline meiningen15

• Posting Member
Since writing and posting my story I have had another growth spurt and have been told that I now have a very low testosterone count. My bust is now quite feminine in shape and I have found that an underwired bra works better with regards to comfort but does rather make them more prominent loose fitting clothing has become the order of the day. I can still manage with a C cup but I fear those days may be numbered as I have noticed a little overspill also wearing an underwire makes me worry about airport security perhaps some one out there can comment on that. Although I am comfortable with my boobs I do not want to advertise them even so a female friend spotted the tell tale straps and fasteners, mercifully she has kept quiet and also offered advice with regard clothing options.

yours 

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
Although I am comfortable with my boobs I do not want to advertise them even so a female friend spotted the tell tale straps and fasteners, mercifully she has kept quiet and also offered advice with regard clothing options.
Contrasting stripes of varying widths hide a bra pretty well.  I wore this polo shirt on a recent vacation where my wife took this selfie of us.  No undershirt.  I was surprised that my left breast does show as more than just a big pec; but when I examine myself in mirrors in different lighting conditions and different angles, I cannot see any evidence of my grey bra or its straps or adjusters.  (This model is not available in skin color, and grey was the next-easiest to hide, better than the other colors available.)  Edit:  This one does not have the lumpy hook area in the back.  It's the Jockey Cotton Allure, shown at https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/jockey-womens-cotton-allure-bralette .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:51:58 PM by MarcoB »

gmast

Also,  if you need to wear a bra, then it only makes sense to wear panties, also. A bra would look silly with men’s boxers.
If you need a bra for support, then wearing a bra seems reasonable.  But wearing panties does not make the bra perform better, that's just silly.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
Not perform, LOOKS better. 

And I agree

Offline taxmapper

Interesting take. 

i only like the sports bras, they fit best on me. 

Strangely enough, I started wearing bike shorts in the mid 1990's because boxers and tighty whities didn't feel right to me. 

They go just fine with the bras... 

gmast

Not perform, LOOKS better.

And I agree
It intriguing that so many here seem to think they need to match bras with panties when only 10% of women think it is necessary.  Do You Wear Matching Bras and Panties?

Offline SideSet

Sounds like you should be trying a D cup. Is the lady at the lingerie shop impressed at how big you are getting after having started out as a B cup? 

Seems like you are still growing, so I wonder how big you’ll end up. 

The days of going braless are gone for good. You need to wear a bra now as much as any woman does, both for comfort and appearance.  I can understand why you have moved up to underwire bras, as they give more support.  They also give more uplift and shaping, which probably suits your breasts, as you have noted they are now quite feminine in appearance, as opposed to being moobs. 

What kind of clothing, including bra, advice did your female friend who noticed you wearing a bra give you?   Did you discuss your bra size? She have any reaction to you being a C cup, still growing and maybe already a D cup? 

Offline meiningen15

• Posting Member
My friend and I talked about many of the things mentioned elsewhere in this forum ie being careful with colours such as dark bras  under light shirts and tops and visa versa as well as using checks and stripes to hide bra strap lines. We talked about sister sizes which is one reason why my cup size has increased and the fact that male chests are wider than female chests which means that even if we both had the same bra and cup size a female would project more. She also feels that women have more body image neuroses than men and knowing that helps her empathise with me. At no point does she feel in race to have the biggest bust that was reserved for her schooldays and her peers.  I know my own breasts are not functional nor do I think of them as sexual but I have them and must look after them. I have found that accepting them looking after them and wearing appropriate clothing makes my life a lot easier, what others think I care not a jot. But I will answer questions and impart my experiences in the hope that others may come to terms with their own issues.

Offline SideSet

You’re lucky to have such a great friend. And you have a great attitude as well 

Offline meiningen15

• Posting Member

Offline carfreak

• Posting Member
Having gained valuable knowledge and help from this site I have decided to add my story. During my early teens I noticed my chest was some what fleshier than my best mates when I asked my mother about this she said it was puppy fat and would go away. Placated of any concerns and the fact that as I aged my man boobs  became  less pronounced I forgot about them until my forties. At that time I put on quite a few pounds and although most of it was round my waist I became aware of my boobs jiggling as I moved. As I approached fifty and the jiggling sometimes ran to discomfort I decided to start a diet and take exercise. Over the next year or so I lost most of the weight I had gained and was now much leaner except for my chest, but during exercise I had become very aware of my bouncing boobs. I persisted with exercise and added various chest specific ones to my regime all was to no avail I had two large and now thanks to weight loss noticeable boobs. I tried to live with them but exercise was becoming increasingly uncomfortable and the only relief was to cup each boob with my hands as I ran or jumped. I figured they needed support so I bought a too tight T Shirt but that was of little use, so I did some research and found this site. First thing I tried was a compression vest but it was uncomfortable made me sweat and gave me a rash. The thought of a bra was anathema so I put up with things for a couple of more years until I could stand it no longer. Armed with a tape measure and instruction from the net I measured myself went to the store found my size and purchased a bra 42b.  After working out how to put it on and adjust the straps I was upset that I hadn't done this years ago here was relief at last. The next task was finding the best bra for me something that took a couple of years and a healthy dose of serendipity. During a shower of rain while on holiday I took shelter in a department store and it was there that I spotted the Naturana non wired minimiser bra it looked right so I bought one. My instinct proved right and upon return I located a local lingerie store who would order them in for me, after a couple of purchases and to avoid questions and lies from getting in the way I confessed that the bras were for me. The Lady that ran the shop could not have been more helpful she checked my measurements and advised on which colours to wear to avoid advertising my bra to others. She also told me about sister sizes and spotted a growth spurt during my mid fifties when I went from a B to a C cup as well advising me  to see my doctor in case  of possible health issues. Thanks to her help I am fully aware of breast Cancer issues and check myself on a regular basis. I now wear a bra every day and a sleep bra when needed I have no problems wearing a bra now and care little if people know. So to answer the questions I often see raised I wear in the main and for comfort plain unwired non padded bras in a multitude of colours I do have a couple of rather feminine floral pattered wired one which I bought because they looked good. I try to be discreet and use colour as well as the cut of my clothes to hide my bra. Finally I now wear panties, first suggested by my lingerie retailer, rejected by me but it just seems right now    DM
May i ask do you know why the retailer suggested panties?

Offline Busty

I am guessing she suggested panties because, since he clearly wore bras, she suspected he wore panties as well, as panties go with bras and he definitely belonged in a bra.  

I need to wear a bra as much as any woman does. I wear panties as well. I think men’s underpants look silly with a bra.  I also like how panties feel, much softer and smoother. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024