Author Topic: Bra Shopping With My Wife  (Read 6901 times)

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Yes, it's the corralling of my under arm tissue in with the rest my breast tissue, lifting and projecting it all together that gives me a fit appearance.

Offline SideSet

Wearing a bra under your top, you have a polished, nicely shaped presentation, whereas braless is more suggestive, with your nipples poking through your top in the shape of your breasts clearly visible. I bet you jiggle a lot  braless, also, which can look quite provocative. 

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Wearing a bra under your top, you have a polished, nicely shaped presentation, whereas braless is more suggestive, with your nipples poking through your top in the shape of your breasts clearly visible. I bet you jiggle a lot  braless, also, which can look quite provocative.
Thank you! Yes, I jiggle a lot when braless. FYI, I'm wearing a Lands End women's long sleeve polo shirt. I'm a size 18 in women's shirts and blouses, which fit me perfectly; so, I'm gradually replacing my old worn out men's with women's.

Offline SideSet

I can see why women’s tops would fit you better and look best, too. And, of course, you look and feel best in a bra. 

For the rest of your life, you will be wearing a bra and women’s tops. 

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I can see why women’s tops would fit you better and look best, too. And, of course, you look and feel best in a bra.

For the rest of your life, you will be wearing a bra and women’s tops.
Update! This morning, I tried on my wife's Charter Club Lexington Straight Leg Jeans...size 10S! ("S" is for short inseam)
It's the first time that jeans have comfortably hugged my lower torso and legs.
I don't know what it says about me....other than I guess I can shop totally in a women's section?

Orb

Just wanted to say you look good in the newly purchased bra.  You do look better with than without.  Has to make you feel better and look better as well. 
If the jeans fit that's great.  Wear what fits your body and you!

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Just wanted to say you look good in the newly purchased bra.  You do look better with than without.  Has to make you feel better and look better as well. 
If the jeans fit that's great.  Wear what fits your body and you!
Thank you! I plan to do exactly that!

Offline SideSet

Looks like ALL  women’s clothes for you from now on.    What about panties, pantyhose, shapers and such ?

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Looks like ALL  women’s clothes for you from now on.    What about panties, pantyhose, shapers and such ?
Well, for now I'm only looking to find clothes that fit me and look good on me...and men's clothing don't.

Offline SideSet

And women’s do!

Offline Busty

What did the two extremely friendly sales associates think of fitting a man for a bra?  What did they say when they measured you as a C or D cup?  

How does your wife feel about you wearing lace bras and who suggested a balconet?   BTW, I agree with what you said about the right cup styles for you. 

And the bra pix look nice and you look way more put together with a bra under your women’s top  

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
What did the two extremely friendly sales associates think of fitting a man for a bra?  What did they say when they measured you as a C or D cup? 

How does your wife feel about you wearing lace bras and who suggested a balconet?  BTW, I agree with what you said about the right cup styles for you.

And the bra pix look nice and you look way more put together with a bra under your women’s top 
Thank you for the compliments, bustymale. 😃

The first SA I approached for help was young and looked at me suspiciously (what’s a man wanting to be fitted?) until I explained my gynecomastia condition; her eyes opened wide and was immediately sympathetic/friendly and went to get an older more experienced SA. From that point on it was a very pleasant interaction. They were happy to have something interesting to do.😃

I already was certain of my band size (I wore my Bali XL bralette). My uncertainty was my cup size (I use the A Bra That Fits calculator which has me as a 38E), but we all realized that I was smaller than that.

I knew Dillard’s uses the Wacoal Retro Chic lace bra to normally gauge women’s breast shapes and then try other styles. So, we went back to the dressing rooms with a 38E…officially, I am NOT a 38E!

So, they came back to the dressing room with B and C 38s, but I surprised the ladies by spilling out of those cups (all the while we joked and had a good time). After the first 15 minutes, the younger SA left to handle shoppers out on the floor, while the older SA kept finding other styles for me to try. All in all, it took us a full hour to find my fit. We tried balconette bras, but the ones in stock didn’t have the side support I need for my underarm tissue.

Finally, I thought the 38D Wacoal was the one (really love the feeling of lace), but it was a bit too tight (Wacoal’s bands run small). So, I decided to sister size up to a 38C. 

Regarding my wife: she only cares that I be comfortable (but not too girly).

It was aboywithgirls who recognized that I’m full-on-bottom, and suggested I try Elomi’s Charley Stretch Plunge bra (I'll have to try it in a 38D...it doesn't come in a 40C).

Offline Busty

Thank you for taking the time to describe in some detail your bra shopping experience. Sounds like they enjoyed the interaction with you.  Hopefully, this will give others hear the courage to get fitted and try on  The bras they need to wear. That’s the only good way to buy bras.   

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Thank you for taking the time to describe in some detail your bra shopping experience. Sounds like they enjoyed the interaction with you.  Hopefully, this will give others hear the courage to get fitted and try on  The bras they need to wear. That’s the only good way to buy bras. 
I was just banned from the Reddit subgroup A Bra That Fits for posting the exact same story. I was accused of being transphobic by titling the post: "What can you expect at your first fitting as AMAB?" and referring to myself as a man. And then my post was removed even tho it received 46 up ticks in less than 30 minutes...and then I'm banned for 14 days.

I can't stand gender-politics...so, I decided to let it go and went shopping on Amazon and ordered an Elomi Charley Plunge Bra.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 07:24:54 PM by MychalBloodwing »

Offline SideSet

Shame on Reddit.  

A very appropriate and informative post 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024