Author Topic: What is your worst gynecomastia memory :'(  (Read 123620 times)

Offline Jdowg

• Bronze Member
or those goddamn scoliosis checks in gym class.
Ohh yeaaa, I remember these. I just tell the person i have already been checked up by my doctor. I don't want to have all my friends knowing about it, specially when they make you do it in the gym and everyone can see...

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
somehow i managed to miss that.  what went into those? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I can relate to everyones post.

For me I will never forget the every day struggle to cope with gyne. Wear layered clothing and only certain colours and patterns.

I cant wait for for a new start...
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Allhopeaside

• Posting Member
somehow i managed to miss that.  what went into those? 

not sure how it went for everyone else but at my school every guy in gym class had to remove their shirts and stand around like a jackass waiting for one gym teacher to inspect a class of 30 for scoliosis of the back.
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A MAN WHO HAS GROWN SOUND AND STRONG
A MAN WHO HAS LEARNED FROM HIS MISERY
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A CLEVER MAN WHO TAUGHT HIS FLESH THE WAY OF STEEL THIS LASTING MAN OF RESOLVE AND WILL
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
OR JUST A BITTER MAN
THAT ROTS WITH MEMORIES AND ONLY GROWS COLD

INDEED I HAVE GROWN COLD

Offline arpa1

• Posting Member
I forgot to add something that somehow happened every year on those extremely hot and humid days...at the time I would wear a fall jacket (every day_ I was a student) on top of my T-shirt and although I was used to it; it became unbearable to wear in that heat...so I would start sweating and drops of sweat would drip from my forehead...on those day there was always one or more random persons on the street (specially elder people) who would say out loud... sir! aren't you hot in that thing!...it's 40 degrees outside! and they would walk away... I would pretend I was just fine!  :'( ...those were the most depressing days) ;.

Offline JoeNY

• Posting Member
one that nobody has mentioned........wearing a shirt at a water park and being asked to take it off to go on a ride..........i told the lifeguard i had a skin condition and couldnt be exposed to sun

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
ah yes the waterpark...... especially bad when its your family and everyone around you telling you to go on rides.. i just said.. nah i dont really feel like it.. man that sucked
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline Allhopeaside

• Posting Member
oh god the waterpark...... actually my shirt got stuck on the one ride and i was unable to slide down the slide because you the shirt held me back from just gliding down. i had to pull myself down the rest of the slide....havent been to a waterpark since.

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Hey everyone,

It is amazing to read your posts on this topic.  It is so poignant and all very familiar. 

Dressing myself everyday is painful.  It is always a struggle figuring out the right combination of layers and certain types of fabrics and colors that make me look flatter.  I recently started a new job at a bar where I can wear black and feel relatively comfortable in the dim setting where most people are too drunk to see me straight anyways! 

I am a thin guy.  With clothing on, my gyne makes me look like I have a muscular chest.  The truth though is that I am not muscular.  When I take my shirt off, you can tell that it is fat and I am not as well built as I seem with clothes on.  It makes me feel as though I am keeping a secret from everyone that sees me and in some way, I am lying to them. 

Whats also difficult is that since I look muscular with clothing on, guys tend to slap my chest as a fraternal gesture and I always think to myself when they do it "oh my god, they just touched me and realized that I am soft.  They were expecting my chest to be hard but now they know, its fat.  Now they are thinking, this guy doesn't have a muscular chest.  He has fatty breasts." 

When I was a young teenager and even before that, I remember my shadow and how much it disturbed me.  When I would stand profile, you could see that my outline was not masculine looking.  My chest would stick out and from an early age, I started to feel like my body was weird. 

I was a part of a symphonic band from 5th to 8th grade and we would go on an annual trip that would always involve a day of swimming.  I was sort of a popular kid but I would start stressing about the swimming day months before it happened.  I didn't come up with any elaborate excuses but sitting out for those few hours while all of my friends freely swam and laughed and didn't seem to care about the shape of their bodies was torture. 

Like some of you have said already, gyne can destroy relationships and also prevent them from even happening.  During sex, I make every effort to lie flat and avoid being seen. 

I could really go on forever about this.  Thank you guys for reading and sharing. 

Offline john7heaven

• Posting Member
Mine would be memories of adolescence - at the School swimming pool, age 14.

I remember back then I was just 'finding' girls.  I remember vividly this day.

A scrawny, wise mouth kid had already poked fun at me in the changing rooms. He observed me, watched what I did to hide my chest as we all lined up next to the water (mixed sex swimming class).

I'd stand with my arms folded, or my arms behind my head pretending to yawn, scratch my the back of my head - anything to make my chest smaller.

The girls didn't notice much - until the big mouth kid called my name out - loudly, his voice echo'd down the long room of the swimming baths. People looked at me (naturally as this kid had called my name), and he then said out loud in front of the girls I hoped to meet, maybe befriend even over the next few years.

''Where's your bra''?

Everyone thought it was hysterical, and from that day from age 14, to age 27 - I never spoke to the opposite sex, no matter how much I dreamed about them, or wanted to be their friend. So I sat at the back of the class, didn't say much - and basically screwed up my exams through avoiding people in general, (socially) even males - incase they noticed during sports activity. I was good at sport, but again, sport meant wearing a t-shirt so I became a 'loser' at sport too, to avoid be spotted by people during lessons.

So I became the 'weird kid' at School who wore heavy sweaters on the school bus in Summer. Hardly a good way to be when you get to 16/17 and learning to drive cars and tip-toeing into the big bad world on your own.

Ironically, I only got a girlfriend as I was nudging 30yrs old when I was very skinny due to severe illness. I was 55lb underweight, and felt great with my shirt off for the first time in my life.  Ironically, she was an ex-anorexic and was small chested, although now a pretty healthy weight.

She gave me confidence as by now, my gynecomastia was not too bad, noticable, but not huge. We had a wild and rampant love live for two people that society rejected.

She left me eventually (due to my health).

The end.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
dude that sucks john7heaven. hope you recover from that. my worst memory was when i was in 5th grade and i started having large breast which i thought was related to me being fat. i jumped in my car and put on my seatbelt after a day of playing at the park with a bunch of my family members when my mom says "dave wheres your bra?" she said that in front of 3 of my not a nice person wanna be basketball playing hot shots. they all laughed and told the rest of my family members (cousins, aunt, uncles, ect.) and they laughed to. my mother was one of them as well. i sat there for like a minute not saying anything because for some reason i didnt feel anything inside. before that my breasts were nothing to me and ever since that day they have changed me into some suicidal kid who looks fine but is fighting himself on the inside. i recently told my father of my condition and went to a surgeon. he finally knows about what sort of shit i go through everyday. i wish i had a time machine to go back in time and show everyone there im not the little vulnerable fat kid with breasts anymore but instead the strong minded young man with breasts that has been through so much including the gyne and is still alive and fighting on.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member

Offline Wedvilla

I’m finally having an operation in October to sort my G out. I’m 42 years old. I’d say that I’ve underachieved significantly in my life, always tantalisingly close to ‘normal’ things like wife and family and career, but they remained elusive, lost in the fug of depression and misery and daily compensation / hiding strategies G necessitates.

I think we all learn to strategise our G from an early age, but what I only realised not so long ago was that it was this daily grind of misery and strategising that had stunted me, my life was the bird to its cage, so to speak. The more I thought about it, I realised / remembered that my life, and particularly my young 10/11 year old life onwards, had contained countless little incidences that cumulatively caused my adult dysfuntionality.

And I remembered The Big One, the single incident that set the ball rolling. Age 11, yes, skins vs shirts, I’m naturally skins, running around as embarrassed as hell, but getting through it, waiting for it to be over, even trying to enjoy the game. No kid said anything and I was thinking I might have got through this, then the teacher blows the whistle for the end of the session, and all the kids tramp off to the changing rooms but the young male teacher, now joined by an equally young other male and a female teacher, calls me over, and I wonder what the heck it could be about, I’d done okay, and I wasn’t a bad kid or anything, and I stand in front of them and am subjected to about 3 to 5 minutes of verbal G focussed bullying from all three of them. They were youngsters themselves in truth, early twenties, and it was the early 1970s, before cracking down on bullying was such a big deal. But where do you go psychologically after that?

So, as I said, I’m finally facing up to it and getting it sorted next month, but the one thing I’d like to say to any youngsters reading this and these pages, is whatever you do don’t waste your twenties and thirties by not facing up to it, do whatever you can as soon as possible to get the cash together, and get it sorted and give yourself a chance of a fulfilling life.

Offline LLTrain

• Posting Member
Mine definitely took place in high school, only 2 years ago.

I was sitting in my American History class, and had to go to the bathroom. I went and came back to find my note-taking spiral with the words "Logan Has Boobs" right on the front. Turns out, it was a group of my 'closest' friends that had done this. Not a big deal, right? But whenever I think back to that time, only about 1 week of "friendly abuse" from said friends, I wanted to just cut them off entirely. I didn't care if it left scaring, because anything had to be better than my bigger chest.

I am 19 years old and in college now. This is my first semester of my second year of school. I still haven't done anything but work out and eat better to change my appearance. LITERALLY, every single day, I think about my "moobs" from start to finish. I really do wear clothes (mostly unappealing) that cover up my appearance. It's hard being 6'1", 185 pounds, in college, in Texas (one of the states which people mowing/playing football/swimming with shirts off is very very common) and stuck with man boobs. It sucks having to wear undershirts constantly in attempt to hide my problem.

However, this problem has branched off to even more severe problems...I have been psychologically affected by this one single incident. I can not concentrate on my schoolwork if I'm worried that my "moobs look big in this shirt". My confidence has been completely shot...the fun-loving, outgoing guy I was in my earlier years has been transformed into a quiet, elusive individual. I don't go to foam parties or on Spring Break vacations to the beach when my collegiate friends invite me, simply because I'm afraid to take my shirt off. Not to mention that a good majority of my friends have not seen me with my shirt off and I'm afraid that if they do, they will be less-friendly towards me.

Then there are the physical problems which incur from my G. I walk around and sit with my shoulders slumped forward and back slightly arched so as to "cup", or hide, my moobs. 4 years of this can be very detrimental to one's overall health.

Being a college student with a minimum-wage job, I can't afford surgery on my own. After seeing so many success stories on this website, I am more than convinced to pursue surgery. I even just got off the phone with a Dr. Dr. Wilcox in Plano, TX, and sent him some pictures to see what he could do for me. However, it's hard when your parents and relatives continually tell you that it's all just in your mind, and "you don't have manboobs!" when indeed it is a medical issue

The friend who wrote that on my spiral is still one of my best friends to this day...except he still has no idea just how much it's hurt me, psychologically and even physically. As a matter of fact, the only people who know how much I am affected each and every single day by my problem are my parents...the only people in my life who could afford the surgery, yet the same people who just tell me that I look fine the way I am.

On the bright side, discovering this website has boosted my enthusiasm about fixing my problem a whole lot! I had searched all over the internet for forums or ways of getting rid of my problems, and everything just looked like a big scam. Having you other guys with similar issues here makes my day just a little bit easier, and for that I thank you all so very much!

Offline dawct

• Posting Member
I know exactly what you mean. I remember being 19, going to college in TX as well (I went to UT Austin) and I would just dread going back to school and going through the grind of figuring out what to wear and wondering how I looked to everyone else... never going out to parties or meeting new people... it really sucks. If it's affecting you this much, you have to get the surgery...

I would always pray for winter to get here fast so at least I could bundle up and hide it...

Don't wait until you're 27 like I did. I'm glad I finally got it done, but I wish I would have even known it was something I could do when I was your age. You're going to save yourself years of torture if you get this done now. Try to get it done over winter break, so when you get back in the Spring semester you'll be good to go, and then you'll be all set by summer!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024