Author Topic: Best type or brand of bra to buy?  (Read 3195 times)

CoffeeAndCake

I’m fancy on maiden form bras I love their appeal and comfort and most of their hardware on straps is on the front which is nice cause I don’t worry about the hooks and bands I worry about the parallel places knots on my shoulders being seen lol. I’m only a b cup and they fit and feel wonderful

Offline Johndoe1

That looks like a very comfortable bra. Good support and nice lift and shaping. I would wear it.

I have found for myself that because of the roundness on the sides, if I don't have some kind of side support to pull the girls toward the center, my arms are constantly running into the girls and I find that it isn't as comfortable without the side support. I have bras that have built in side slings, literally a fabric sling inside the cup as well as additional support built into the cup. It's amazing how much support you can get from just a piece of cloth sewn into the cup.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

CoffeeAndCake

The side roundness is where I’m running in to issue at myself now. Mine keep growing and before it was just volume with some projection and I feel I could get by with it as developed pecs but now at a 34b I find my boobs are now poking out the sides of my tank tops and either the areolas are to the side like hello or you can just see the thickness of the tissue that’s grown showing a hill of side boob. Never in my life at 33 especially did I think I’d have to worry about me having boobs let alone me seeing my shirts and and seeing mounds underneath them or side boob in my tank tops. 

I stay with minimal padded bras and usually seamless ones they work well for me and keep things together and uniformed without giving obvious hey look at me I got boobs look but I feel if I keep growing I’m going to hit the c cup marker and that’s going to be a tough ride to hide if it gets that bad 

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
This is me in that Everyday Embrace Side-Smoothing Bra from Full Beauty. You can see the big, wide strap under my arm covering the side-boob. On the right is me wearing a polo shirt with this bra and without.
You can see there is a bit of an issue with the straps showing through the back if you aren't wearing an undershirt. But it's a solid, supportive bra. One of my favorites.
Also, you may notice I have a lot of pink bras. They are much better than white bras for not showing through a light-colored shirt, trust me! Pink and beige are the way to go. I have some light blues and light grays too.

Offline paaul

• Posting Member
@gyneco_jason if you don't mind me saying, that bra doesn't fit so well. Your band is arching up, which says to me your shoulder straps are done too tight and your band is too wide/loose. Try going down a band size or two.

I used to do this before I got a fitting. I went from a 40B/C to 38D after I was measured as previously I thought the band needed to be looser. Over a longer term your bra should be more comfortable as the band should take up most of the support, the straps are there mostly to hold the shape of the cups. The band is a load bearing wall, the straps are just studwork! :P

CoffeeAndCake

Beautiful bras but they def seem like the wrong fit. I never had a fitting and don’t think a pro fitting is always necessary but if you can’t find a few options at a Walmart or other store comfortable to buy in to take in a dressing room to try to find the right fit I would def go for a fitting

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I have tried a many different brands of bras over the last 10 years and I find that the brand doesn't matter it is the fit that does.  If your favorite brand one day doesn't fit try another.  I was at the CARDIOLOGIST today so I didn't wear a bra but since the appointment was late in the day the girls were getting sore and I wanted to go to my favorite store anyway I looked at their discounted bras and found my size in a color I had never seen before (purple) I tried it on and wore it out of the store and still have it on,  After reading some of the latest post I took it of and looked for the name.  It was a brand I have never heard of before but it fits great. So to me the brand doesn't mean everything, the fit does.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024