Author Topic: 5 days post op  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Vrocker

• Posting Member
Just thought I would throw up some pics of my before and after... I only have a cell phone camera so the quality leaves something to be desired and the before pictures are a few months old

let me know what you think if you want :P

Before

After

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 01:33:17 AM by Vrocker »

cody sockeye

Looks good!

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
As far as I can see, it looks good.

Offline Vrocker

• Posting Member
Thanks for the positive input guys. So far there is very little pain or bruising and by far the worst part of the surgery is being out of commision for so long, I am chomping at the bit to get out and do physical activities again. 

Also after the first few days the foam pads turned really sticky (did this happen to anyone else/is it supposed to)

cody sockeye

cool! who was your surgeon?

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
i would hand wash my pads in the shower, throw them in the dryer, and take a shower. so i didn't have them off too long.
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Looks good as far as I can see. Need better pictures for better response.

Offline Vrocker

• Posting Member
Doctor was Delgado is SF, and he said you could wash the vest but I assumed it didn't include the foam pads so I only washed the actual vest part...  my next appointment is later today though so I think the pads will be gone anyways.

And ya I walk about a mile or two a day but can't jog or do anything like that cause the stitches kinda pull on my left side, but I just wanna get out and do more strenous activities that burn more energy but I suppose that's a price I'm willing to pay
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:14:51 AM by Vrocker »

Offline LFC

• Posting Member
Vrocker - You're looking great dude!

I had surgery with Delgado as well. I'm 8 days post-op. I'm having my stitches out tomorrow. Even though the doc said I could take the vest off I've left it on continuously and have showered/bathed around the vest. Not ideal but i thought I'd maintain 100% compression all of the time. Only time will tell if that was a good or bad thing to do.

Has anyone else done this?

Offline Vrocker

• Posting Member
have my final appointment tomorrow too, maybe I'll see you there :P

well today I guess if you wanna get technical

Offline SmileOnTrobles

• Posting Member
  • Live in a perfect Hell...
have my final appointment tomorrow too, maybe I'll see you there :P

well today I guess if you wanna get technical

Well, you don't have any bruises and scars.. I mean that's very good for you. Do you have an explanation for this ?  ???
Every problem has his solution.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024