Author Topic: An after picture of my loose skin - please comment  (Read 3647 times)

Offline flex1appeal

Here is a picture of me completely relaxed in which you can clearly see the loose skin below my pecs. What is odd to me is that, as you can see, I am not a fat guy. I am also still fairly young (35). I've seen many other post op pics here and have not seen anyone have this problem from what I recall seeing here. It's frustrating cause the gyno is completely gone. The doctor pretty much left skin and muscle ontop of bone this last revision. Probably no chance it will ever return. I have indents when I flex and the loose skin becomes non existant too. I also need to not slouch in order to prevent the skin from being noticeable. The indents don't bother me cause it really doesn't look bad in my opinion. Anyhow, anyone with similar problems please feel free to respond. Please respond even if you don't have the same problem and just want to share ideas on how I can improve the condition. I am guessing that my weight training will build my pecs back up enough over time and fill in the loose skin. I had stopped lifting frequently for almost a year and just started heavy again about 2 months ago. I see a difference in the loose skin (I think) for the better since I began lifting again. I am trying to remain optimistic about it improving. I'll post pics of me flexed and not flexed so you can see the difference. I had the flexed pictures in another post but no one replied. So I'll combine them here and hopefully get some responses. thanks

slouched and not flexed
http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sloucheddd3.jpg

flexed
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jason29mayof9.jpg

http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jason29maypic2la9.jpg

Offline flex1appeal

89 views and only 1 comment? C'mon guys. No one can relate to this problem? No one has suggestions? No one has thoughts? Thanks

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
Hey Flex, was loking at your relaxed pictures and i see what you are saying about loose skin and creases.It really is not that bad ,i too have a crease on my right side if i'm slouched over .I have been trying to walk and sit with a straight posture and it is hardly noticable ,but when i totaly relaxed you can see the crease.My Dr has done a fat graft on my revision and said i will need another one to correct the problem even more,i see him in 2 more weeks.i'm 39 and in my opinon i think maybe the dr took too much out.I know you are trying to build more muscle as i am as well but what happens in the future when we loose that muscle.In my case my chect is also large,and i have been advised to build up the rest of my body so i am more proportinate.But i working chest so crease is less noticable and the skin tightens up.

Offline flex1appeal

Well, the picture slouching was also me standing. I was relaxed and not flexing. What I mean by slouching is not only when sitting and leaning forward but just standing and not with my back fully arched as in when I pose. The pictures with me flexing I have my back more arched than the slouching picture. I'll try and take a picture just standing. But you can see the loose skin still. And I have wondered what it will be like if I built my muscle back up and then stopped lifting later down the road. Will my skin loosen again like it is now? I would say the doctor did take more out than he needed but then again, I told him I want it all out and he did as I asked. LOL. So, I have to make do with what I have now. I do know the gyno is gone. If you guys don't think it looks bad then I feel better. I am going to florida this july and have not been to the beach since before I developed gyno 8 years ago. I want to be able to take my shirt off and the loose skin bothers me. I feel like people will still stare. It's ashame that we develope this complex before surgery with regards to having gyne but then when we get rid of it we still have left over bad feelings regarding the condition. I gotta break free from it mentally still.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
Yea man,i hink it is all in your head ,i would say you look better than about 95% of the guys out there,so enjoy yoourself and don't worry.Any stares will be stares of envy.

Offline flex1appeal

Thanks braveboy. I appreciate the compliment.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024