Author Topic: Rate it!  (Read 3490 times)

cody sockeye

I'm 14, had it since age 8. That's right, 8. I've been much thinner than I am now at points and it has stayed the same through and through. I have a lot of muscle despite my belly I got going there. I weigh 160 and i'm 5'6. Here are my pics. It doesn't seem TOO bad, but the shirts are what really kill me. How much do you think I'd get charged for surgery in the shape I'm in? I've been exercising alot lately and I've lost about 4 pounds in the last week.

Side

Side

Side

Frontal

Shirt, unpuffy.

Shirt, angle, puffy, (at it's worst!)

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
you are young....talk to your parents or a friend...don't be ashamed. The internet has made it so much easier to get help. It could go away by itself. I doubt it. Don't wait too long. Come up with a plan and take care of it. Three  hours in a surgery center can make you whole life soooo much easier. It will be ok....don't live with what you don't have to.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I agree,  do not wait  years or decades  to   get help. Sit down  with parents  and tell them how you feel. You are not alone, and this site  has a ton of info.
         I am 45 and now starting to act on my gyne!   I NEVER  even knew  there wa sa medical term for what I had , let alone another  person with it.
       You are  young, that is a blessing

cody sockeye

no number ratings? I'm already STARTING to get it taken care of. After 6 years, living in Florida nd not going to the beach, trust me, this is the main course on my plate so to speak.

And thanks for the support, I've already "come out" to both of my parents. I had to do it on separate occasions though which was hard; their divorced. So I had to do it twice. hahaha! :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:28:00 PM by cody sockeye »

cody sockeye

Any more input anyone?? Anyone?

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 your young,  some excersize  would help you overall
   4/10

cody sockeye

I'm actually at my heaviest right now. Things have been very stressful but I'm gonna try to work my way back down. It really doesn't help much being skinny anyway. I'm 25 lbs up what I was at my best.

cody sockeye

I know it does not help the gland, but like matthew said, it helps overall. In some cases losing weight does make it look worse though. I dk. Anyone else have any input for me on what I should do?

Offline deja911

• Posting Member
your in the same position I was. diet/exercise would definitely be a good start, as being a well rounded healthy individual. there is definitely some gland there, id say its definite that surgery is your only option (surgeons work on a case by case basis).

typical gyne. surgery is the best route. id call bermant.

hope this helps bud. good luck.

cody sockeye

lol thanks everyone for the input. I know this might sound weird, but i enjoy hearing that surgery may be my only option. To me, that means no more waiting. God I wish I wasn't poor though :-\!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024