Author Topic: HELP PLZ before I make my surgery - Operation ANY DAY  (Read 3317 times)

guy1981

Hi,

I have been at a hospital in Sweden, and 2 doctors looked at my gynecomastia, and both of them said "Lipo only" since my nipples were so small and the cuts would be hard to make around them. Since they didnt think that this is a cosmetic surgery it will be free of charge. They also that the glands are so small and if they removed them the breast will instead point inwards like a "hole", and that every male person has a gland?

After what I´ve read here at the forum you guys say "lipo only does not work". Should I tell this to my doctor, wouldn´t they know what´s best?

I am 186cm tall and weight 74kg

Can you rate it by these pictures?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 02:35:44 PM by guy1981 »

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Difficult to say.  You're quite thin, so I wouldn't think lipo would have much effect.  As I understand it, lipo will only remove fat.  However, what causes the 'problem' in gynecomastia is gland, which is firmly attached to you and won't be sucked out with lipo alone.

Also, you've copied my name!!   :D

guy1981

Difficult to say.  You're quite thin, so I wouldn't think lipo would have much effect.  As I understand it, lipo will only remove fat.  However, what causes the 'problem' in gynecomastia is gland, which is firmly attached to you and won't be sucked out with lipo alone.

Also, you've copied my name!!   :D

Hehe, maybe you copied my name? ;)

I´ve heard that there are different kinds of gynecomastia... some that are only fat and some with a little fat and a little gland and some with only gland (low body fat ppl like bodybuilders). When the doctors felt on my breast they said they were mostly made of fat and therefor a lipo would be the best for me. Could it be right or can I with 100% certainty tell them that they are wrong?

GynO_DuDe

You look perfectly fine. BUT, obviously its effecting you or you wouldn't be here ... if its free of charge, I suggest you go ahead with Lipo only. Or hit the gym to lose the body fat yourself.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Well ... hard to say indeed. Your gyno looks mostly fat but wouldn't say no for glandular gyne... That's the big question : gland excision or fat removal only?? Can't you feel any hard tissue behind your nipples ? Do you just feel some fat tissue ?

Offline test1981

Well ... hard to say indeed. Your gyno looks mostly fat but wouldn't say no for glandular gyne... That's the big question : gland excision or fat removal only?? Can't you feel any hard tissue behind your nipples ? Do you just feel some fat tissue ?

Hi, I updated my email and accidently typed wrong so my other account "Guy1981" is not working, but I have a new now (this one).

Hmm, hard do say, how hard is it compared to any other natural material? I can feel some areas are a little more flesh-like but i cant feel a big gland or so... most feels like fat.

Offline outertrial

Palpation (feeling) is not a good way to assess the presence of gland. It can come in all kinds of textures including thin "fingers" of fibrous soft tissue that you wont be able to feel that will attract fat. I know this because thats what mine was like!

Stick your arm up and press quite hard around the pectoral area with your fingers. Can you feel any stringy lumpy things under the skin? I could before my op but theyre gone now. I assume those might have been gland.

You may as well have the op if its free but be prepared to be realistic about the results

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024