Author Topic: 24 yr uk do i need surgery  (Read 3713 times)

Offline lee_21yr_uk

• Posting Member
ok its been awhile since ive been here matter fact im 24 now wen i made this account i was 21 ive lost alot of weight since then but still cant lose the weight off my chest an now im scared to do any weight training incase i make it worse what do you guys think do i need surgery or just need to lose more weight ?
an i live in uk if i do need surgery will the nhs pay for it

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:12:19 AM by lee_21yr_uk »

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
based on these photos i would say try weight loss first... maybe post up more recent pics

Offline lee_21yr_uk

• Posting Member
p.s anyone know how i can get more musle on my arms without making my chest larger

Offline rockin813

• Bronze Member
  • Doesn't have to be this bad....
p.s anyone know how i can get more musle on my arms without making my chest larger

yes..just work out ur biceps and triceps and not ur chest.
example...
We're all made up different...but can learn from one another...

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Hi there, I'd say to lose some weight first and then you'll be able to see what needs to be undertaken.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member

Work your body as a whole for the best results.

Offline kingboob

I think you would benefit from losing more weight, however I don't personally think weight loss will cure the problem totally.

You can try the NHS route, but a lot of people have had bad experiences with actually getting the treatment.......  from what I understand some NHS trusts will not fund surgery until your BMI (body mass index) is below 25, so that should be your first goal, along with consulting your GP.

I have found that weight training has actually improved the shape of my chest, and I don't think you would make the problem worse - even if you did, the effects of weight training will disappear if you stop lifting for a few months.

Total body work outs are what you need really.... try to maintain / gain muscle while at the same time lose fat.

Offline lee_21yr_uk

• Posting Member
thanks for all the input guys now im gonna really consentrate on geting the weight off

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
do the weight as op prep, but you definitely have it, you can tell just looking at it and from the fact the left is bigger than the right.  then check out the uk boards off the main page for some of the better names plus how to deal with nhs versus private. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024