Author Topic: First post - pictures. Left side only - Do I need Lipo?  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
I'm so glad that I ran into this website. I've had it for about 8 years. I'm still not even sure exactly which one I have. I believe it's Gynecomastia. - Question... Do you guys think I'm going to need Lipo as well? - Hope not... I don't think so though. I mean I'm about 5"11 - 145. Thanks alot!

DrBermant

I'm so glad that I ran into this website. I've had it for about 8 years. I'm still not even sure exactly which one I have. I believe it's Gynecomastia. - Question... Do you guys think I'm going to need Lipo as well? - Hope not... I don't think so though. I mean I'm about 5"11 - 145. Thanks alot!

Each surgeon has his / her own preferences.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture, where I target gland first. Liposuction is almost always a component of my contouring tools.

One sided or Unilateral) surgery is the ultimate in trying to make perfection since it can be very demanding to make a surgical site look like no surgery has been performed. You can see typical swelling after my unilateral one sided surgery here. And here is another example of my one sided sculpture.

I see many patients with asymmetrical gynecomastia. Actually it is quite common for the two sides to be different in size.  It is less common for one side to be large and the other have no problem at all.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
Thanks alot. Well I had the other for about 6 months to a year when I was 12 - Then I got this one and it never went away. Only got bigger and now it just bothers me in every way possible. I can't stop thinking about it and I'm constantly looking at it. And it is very sensitive and hurts when I touch it. I have a vein that travels over my nipple and usually at night I look in the mirror and can tell that the vein looks like it's being pushed against the nipple. You can see the vein clearly. So I was thinking... maybe the vein is whats giving me all that pain. I have another question for you bud. Is there a problem getting it lightly massaged? My girl friend has been doing it for the past 3 days and it tends to make it feel better for the time being. Thanks again! - Jason

Offline MSJ108

Slight case. Nothing major in my opinion.

DrBermant

Thanks alot. Well I had the other for about 6 months to a year when I was 12 - Then I got this one and it never went away. Only got bigger and now it just bothers me in every way possible. I can't stop thinking about it and I'm constantly looking at it. And it is very sensitive and hurts when I touch it. I have a vein that travels over my nipple and usually at night I look in the mirror and can tell that the vein looks like it's being pushed against the nipple. You can see the vein clearly. So I was thinking... maybe the vein is whats giving me all that pain. I have another question for you bud. Is there a problem getting it lightly massaged? My girl friend has been doing it for the past 3 days and it tends to make it feel better for the time being. Thanks again! - Jason

Tender breasts can be a sign of gland stimulation and growth.  Massaging may release the pressure on tissues that are growing, but also can cause pain with tender tissues.  A better option is to learn what is causing the gland stimulation and growth such as having an evaluation by an Endocrinologist who specializes in such problems.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
Thanks a bunch. - I have 3 appointments next week. Hopefully I can get the surgery scheduled and find out what exactly caused it - if they can.

Offline Mind.tfk

• Posting Member
O and another question... So you think the gland might be growing?? Or is it going to stay the same size? I'm 20 years old and weigh about 145 wet.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024