Author Topic: I am New - Hello All  (Read 3527 times)

Offline SW_ON_Huge_Moobs

• Posting Member
I thought I would say hi here as how one proceeds with this is determined so much by where one lives.

I am 42 and live in SW Ontario and have VERY LARGE moobs - I think they are mostly glandular as they are a big hard mass when I squeeze them (and they take up a whole handful and now droop).  They started within a month of me getting my first pubic hair when i was 13 and have been the bane of my existance ever since.

I had the nasty comments during my teen years (one guy nicknamed me "breasts") and had the courage to ask my doctor and he said they would go away in a little while and I never had the courage to ask again and he never brought it up.  What my moobs did to my body image was awful and contributed to me becoming obese (I hated my body and overeating eased the pain).  I have never had a girfriend and am still a virgin (and I REALLY want to be a loving husband one day and I have a strong sex drive so I am normal in that regard).  There has been a lot of new info on the web since I last looked and I now have found this site and a few others that I wish were the 25 years ago.  

I am now losing the weight (have been for about a year) and have maybe a hundred pounds to go (and am really enjoying the exercise - I can do 2.5 miles in 45 minutes on the treadmill).  I WANT the surgery to excise the huge glands as soon as I can (ie within the next couple of years).

So Hi - I'm sorry that there are others who have this burden and wouldn't wish this on anyone, but glad to meet all of you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Welcome Broh!

Your story is all too familiar....  ;)

Give JCF a call to arrange for a consultation. Yes, I am sure he can remove large amounts of gland and fat tissue. It may cost you a bit more but worth ever penny!

Have you posted any pics?

John.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:17:52 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline SW_ON_Huge_Moobs

• Posting Member
Welcome Broh!

Your story is all too familiar....  ;)

Give JCF a call to arrange for a consultation. Yes, I am sure he can remove large amounts of gland and fat tissue. It may cost you a bit more but worth ever penny!

Have you posted any pics?

John.

Thanks for the welcome.  No I haven't posted pics - one step at at time for me but I would be willing to like many have and post some before shots if this goes ahead.  Mine are as big or bigger than yours (it is hard to get a trues sense of size from a pic).

I am wondering he JCF will ask me to wait until I lose more weight as I have about a hundred more to lose?  I would be happy to wait until fall because I could then deal with the recovery phase in "sweater" season and will have lost more by then.

I hope he doesn't make me wait too long - I mean please just take out the damn Glands as soon as possible (and these things seem like almost ALL gland or close to that) fall and I will go back for the lipo and shaping a second time and pay then as well.  I am afraid that this could be delisted as a covered OHIP procedure (sounds like they do it now but didn't 5 years ago or so), or he could retire or get hit by a truck.

The weight I have is mostly around my gut and butt.  I can see all the blue viens in my chest above my moobs and up to my shoulders.  I do have a real good fold under my arms around moob level.   I guess I will have to ask him.

Offline anonguy

• Bronze Member

Welcome to the boards.  Sounds like you are really turning your life around :)

Dr Fielding is great and will take good care of you but may want you to continue with your weight loss first.   It's a fantastic feeling once you have the surgery, it's well worth the struggle to lose the weight to do it.  My confidence and outlook on life has changed dramatically since I've had surgery and I'm sure yours will too.

Offline SW_ON_Huge_Moobs

• Posting Member

Welcome to the boards.  Sounds like you are really turning your life around :)

Dr Fielding is great and will take good care of you but may want you to continue with your weight loss first.   It's a fantastic feeling once you have the surgery, it's well worth the struggle to lose the weight to do it.  My confidence and outlook on life has changed dramatically since I've had surgery and I'm sure yours will too.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am commotted to the weight loss and am actually wanting to get into middle distance running because I like the walking so much (right now I can almost do a 5K at a 58:00 minute pace) - I want to be a boobless athlete and also take up hockey (my national duty)!!!

I wonder if JCF would want a certain level of weight loss to simply to first show the commitment to life-change before committing himself to helping me (ie wanting me to prove myself) or if it is truly important to the actual gland removal procedure.  

I guess I will have to ask - again it would be so good to get rid of the glands as early as possible (6 - 9 months from now) and go back for the lipo as needed for the shaping.

I am actually concerned about losing too much weight and end up with really disproportionate moobs that I can't readily hide (that might actually be worse and I wonder if a that is even partly why some of us allow ourselves to get obese).  

I can actually hide them easier with my size as they droop some and are lost in a loose fitting shirt (as opposed to before they drooped and were perky and pointy and showed through everything).  Don't get me wrong they are huge (to me) when the shirt comes off, but being a big guy buys you some hiding room.  

If I lift a drooping moob it extends ~7 cm out from the front of the chest, and the rock-hard fibre like glands each run at least ~15 cm across - my glands really seem to run across the chest E-W as opposed to N-S up towards my face if that makes sense).

Again I will have to ask about all this.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
congrats..picking up the phone and making that first consultation is a HUGE step..everything slowly gets easier from there..

they do the lipo at the same time as the excision..looks like OHIP will be covering excision for some time to come, however the lipo is not covered and JCF is slowly increasing his prices (based on the recent prices quoted around here)

Offline SW_ON_Huge_Moobs

• Posting Member
Talked to the lady at JCF's office today and she was very nice  and easy to talk to and she of course says the next step is an in office consutation.

I learned what days the consultations are and which days the surgeries are and it looks like it will be a better fit with my job to do the consultation in the early fall (i am gussing september).  The delay from consultation to surgery is about two months so a October/November surgery would work well with my situation(as she suggests I am off work for a few days and maybe up to a week).  I will be staying in touch with them and praying for the good doctor's health and that he doesn't hit 649 over the summer and retire!

This will also allow me to lose more weight and learn more about everything which is OK, and plan more (what to tell people at work to get the time off, etc - lots to plan and learn from on this forum).  If I tried to rush it now I wouldn't get results in time for summer and am OK with one more shirtless/swimming-less summer (as I still will have the belly through the summer).

So it is continue to work on the weight, learn and look forward.  I hope whatever weight I can get off over the summer is enough to allow this to go ahead.

I want to tell everyone though that I already feel so much better about life with the prospect of being boobless by the end of the year - that comes from finding this site and learning about JCF and what CAN be done about this!

I also think I might be ready for a girlfriend even now if I get a into a situation where I find a lady who shows some interest (I know the chances of that will also increase as I lose weight).  The stories on hear on guys with wives and girlfriends at the same time as having gyne shows me that there are women out there who can understand and accept this situation, and refering her to this forum and the other resourses on the web will help in increasing her understanding (unless she is just a schmuck to begin with and then that way at least I find that out quicker and she can be replaced with a lady with more empathy).

Thanks for everyone's answers and support and I will update as this evolves!

Offline SW_ON_Huge_Moobs

• Posting Member
I also wanted to mention that I had a good look in the mirror at my chest (I don't do that too often!) and I am surprized to see how much weight I have lost in the top front of my chest.  

I can see the blue veins all over and even ON my moobs right down to the top edge of the nipple (and these veins are certainly above the hard, what seems to be almost fibreous, mass in there).  There is absolutely NO fat to pinch in the area with the veins showing and not really any I can pinch even under the moob (though there is a big fold under the arms at moob level and I have the BIG tire around the middle and a big fat arse and upper thighs)

I am not a doctor but that is reinforcing my thinking that mine is so much more of a glandular case.  I don't know if that means less lipo or or just the lipo has to be on the side only or if it makes things easier or harder for recovery or what.  So much to learn and hopefully look forward to!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024