Author Topic: Pre Op - 20 Years Old  (Read 4308 times)

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:40:18 PM by mikeyp87 »

jb

Best of luck to you man. Where are you having the surgery and what is the price tag? Thanks.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
good luck...you will be so happy...be patient...I'm a year after surgery and just getting to really appreiciate how freeing it has been....

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Thanks very much.

I'm having the surgery done in Manchester, UK and the cost was originally £4,320 but I agreed to do 'PR' for them (photos and magazine articles - all of which have zero face shots) and got the price down to £3,456 which is much more affordable.

Can't wait to have it all sorted.  Just making sure I keep up at the gym/running as much as I can in the next 4 weeks before I'm restricted from it for 6 weeks!  :-\

jb

In that case, let me change my original statement to: best of luck to you mate. :) If I am not mistaken, that would be 6800 US dollars?
I am excited for you. Hopefully, it will be money well spent. You are young enough that it will be easy to move on with your life relatively easy.
Cheers mate. Keep me posted.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Offline chris1414

I just registered with the site.  The pics you showed look almost exactly the same as my chest, mine might be slightly worse.  I've had the gyno since I was 13, 11 years, I am 24 now.  It bothers me on a daily basis and has since they grew.  4 years ago I had $20,000 and could have easily afforded the surgery, but due to some legal problems I've been paycheck to paycheck for about 4 years.  I think that if I got some straight info from someone with a very similar situation as mine that maybe I could be comfortable with my concerns about the surgery, maybe find a reliable, affordable route.  I know that if there was a clear route to fixing this problem than I would save the money.  As long as the surgery will work 100% the money is worth it to me, I'll save it, or finance it,  I just need solid feedback.

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
In that case, let me change my original statement to: best of luck to you mate. :) If I am not mistaken, that would be 6800 US dollars?
I am excited for you. Hopefully, it will be money well spent. You are young enough that it will be easy to move on with your life relatively easy.
Cheers mate. Keep me posted.

Cheers JB - Yeah your not far off with the $6800 USD that you quoted.
As you say regarding moving on, fingers crossed! I can't begin to imagine how some other members (and indeed others not on here) may feel going through to later stages in life and possibly struggling; thats why I want to get it sorted ASAP really.

Chris1414 - Well the advice I myself can only give is to be brave and head to your family GP as a starting point?
This is what I did anyway.  Without going into it too much (as im aware this isnt the stories section), I went to mine and was refused any help what-so-ever, just the usual "keep at it in the gym".  This is when I looked around at privately run clinics here in the UK (I'm not sure where you are?).  Then from there, I got my prices...and info about what would be performed and chose the one I wanted to go with, and booked it.  I only booked it approx 2-3 weeks ago and my op is in 4 weeks today!  From looking around this board, and the content on the main body of the site, its clear that a lot of people have bags of info and are willing to offer support to people so hang in there! I'm sure it'll get better - I'm hoping it will for myself aswell!  Feel free to PM at anytime as you mention your case is similar to myself

jb

Cheers mate, I will certainly keep my fingers crossed for you. Some day perhaps if you get rich, you might start a gynecomastia fund for those less fortunate that might not otherwise be able to afford the surgery. Until that time, just be thankful you are part of the group that will hopefully benefit from the surgery.

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
 ;D One can dream! Let me finish university first eh?!  :P

Times gone really quickly and now just over a week to go! Can't wait!  Just praying it works!
Lost approx half a stone in the last few weeks, i'll aim for a bit more...Been a bit ill lately with a severe case of 'man flu'  :-X so not been up for doing much at all!

Offline Gcp

• Posting Member
A 3 out of 10.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024