Author Topic: Wondering if this is gyne?  (Read 3115 times)

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
Well ive been a pretty chubby kid for quite a while (I actually remember the day I realized i was getting chubby, I was about 9 or 10 in a changeroom and was trying on various pants/shirts and was sick of taking on and off shirts so i just kept it off, and when i opened the door both my mother and the person helping us thought my "mini ponch" was just adorable. How mistaken they were :(

It was worst in high school, i was about 5'5 or 5'4 (i couldnt even look through the hole in my front door without using a chair) and then in the 11th grade I grew about half a foot (and am now 6 feet). I did have boobies back then, but after growing they now look much more prominent. Im 20 now, weight about 210 and am a full time student.

I find it incredibly hard dealing with them every, single, day. I wake up in the morning, take a shower and get treated to a view of them in the mirror. I then (skipping breakfast and the like) choose what shirt to wear for the day. I ALWAYS wear a tight fitted vest under just to help, and a loose fitting shirt although recently ive just been wearing a jacket all the time (as they are pretty difficult to see under, ive got my arm positioning down to a science, depending on sitting, standing, with the wind, against the wind, heavy bag, light bag, no bag, etc). It makes me not want to new people unless i have to, or put myself in situations where i sit down (thats when it looks the worst) or am relaxed and take off my jacket, which just adds to the problem of me being a shy guy and not making friends with everyone I meet (although when i do make friends, they are the kind that you know for a LONG time, not just casual acquaintances for example my best friend of 17 years also had gynecomastia although much worse than I, had the surgery without telling anyone but it didnt end up helping too much as now he has ALOT of loose skin and is going to get it removed).

I go to school in hamilton ontario, but normally live in toronto so if anyone has any recommendations on surgeons in the area that would be great.

here are some pictures.

Sitting from the side: http://www.photodump.com/Guest/da48dc238626b519.jpg.html
Sitting from the front: http://www.photodump.com/Guest/92070570c93622a4.jpg.html
Standing from the side: http://www.photodump.com/Guest/786adc91032b059b.jpg.html and http://www.photodump.com/Guest/90f2ca08dcf98c30.jpg.html
Focusing on 1 with a ruler: http://www.photodump.com/Guest/59e30a9f161b5405.jpg.html
Chest with a ruler: http://www.photodump.com/Guest/ed1db60d35bbca2b.jpg.html

My belly i dont mind too much, but the boobs are the main problem. I love biking, but i have to wear a light jacket so that my boobs arent bouncing up and down and when the wind blows against my chest it is the most uncomfortable thing EVER. Doing anything where i am going to sweat and can only wear one layer i dread; i only go to the gym when i can make it before the 8:00 "rush", which is only a few times in a good week since i do have to pull some late nights.

Oh and another question for those who have got it done in the toronto/hamilton reigon (since ive seen quite a few posts from ppl in that area) what was the cost for you? I know it is within my reach but id basically be using government assistance, so I do not want to spend it all and not have an emergency store incase of. . . an emergency  ;)

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
yeah bro you definitely got it (moderate to severe). There is a few great surgeons in US (i'm not too sure if they're close to you).. -- and Dr Bermant(http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com) are great surgeons. One thing I want to tell you, is that you cant put a price on your surgeon - dont go for the cheapest, go for the most experienced and the one you feel most comfortable with. There is a lot of people on here who have had bad experiences with surgeons, as a lot of surgeons dont understand how to operate properly and you will waste your money completely(like your friend)!

Good luck and have a good look at those websites, they have great reassuring photos, if I lived in America I'd go to one of these guys!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:18:24 PM by cleanup »

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
check out dr fielding in toronto. he has done numerous surgeries. most are really happy about their results. Message GrandpaBambu, he can help u out a lot. :)

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
Well i just talked to my dad about it over msn, he was a bit hesitant about surgery at first (he passes out at the mere sight of blood). However he had a brief episode with it when he was younger (lucky for him he didnt have any breast tissue, same with his 2 brothers) and when i reminded him of what he used to say he did (always wore 2 shirts, crossed his arms etc) he didnt type for a minute, and asked for the doctors number and said he will call tomorrow and we will see about it. So i guess my journey begins! I am willing to pay it 100%, although knowing my dad he will likely pay for part of it too (i will insist on using the money i have saved up). Ive already told my older sister about it (and she was 100% supportive of it right away), i just have my little sister to tell (she is 15, now i can finally tell her why my boobs are bigger than hers  ;D ) and my mother (who always told me you need to lift weights! work on your pecs! . . . now i can tell her that will only make it look worse).

This forum is really great, honestly i think i would have lived with this for God knows how much longer thinking that they would never go away. Even if we dont personally know eachother, just being able to have this condition in common with other guys and not be ridiculed but supported, it really is something else (after having to spend my preteen/teen/and now young adult years dealing with it). I do want to be rid of this condition asap (earliest i can get the surgery is end of november, that is if fielding can do it), but i think having it really does change ones perspective. Most of my friends in unversity dont know that I do have gynecomastia because im so good at hiding it (my best friend of 16+ years knew i had it but didnt see it until i showed him those pics and he was shocked, he also had it), and unless they have a sibling who has gone through it it would be hard for them to understand what we have to go through every, single, day. Whenever they see a guy with manboobs im not sure what they think (i certainly hear mockery and laughter), but whenever i see a guy with manboobs it just makes me sad, knowing what they have to go through since i have had to and still go through it.

Thanks guys! If everything goes according to plan ill make sure to do the whole preop/postop thing. If it was not for those, i dont think i would be as confident as i am, seeing the preop/postop pictures really does help (as well as the detailed account of experiences).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024