Author Topic: My experience with Dr. Fielding  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Ushta

• Posting Member
I did my surgery a week ago and I saw the results today

He said he has removed around 620 ml which is quite above the average 250 ml; I am very happy with the results my chest looks perfect even though it's still a bit swollen. This is a big change in my life probably one of the nicest things I have ever done for myself, it worths every penny of the 1890$ I paid.

The whole procedure went great. Dr Fielding is a very nice and decent man, his office staff are very cool, helpful and supporting too. The hospital staff are great too, they are very nice, polite, knowledgeable, supporting and kind. I had to stay in hospital for a day cause I don't live in Ontario; I took my laptop with me and they had free Wifi connection and there was an electricity outlet right beside the bed; I was alone in the room so I watched lots of youtube, I wasn't bored at all. I ordered Pizza from Pizza hut while in hospital because I was hungry and hospital's food was over healthy which is understandable. I didn't have any problem at all. The day I was released I went to bunch of places in Toronto including a strip club in Yonge street which isn't a very nice thing to do or is it?

I almost had no pain at all, I used around 4 of the Tylenol 3s that were given to me, I was familiar with this drug and I love it. You just need to drink a lot of water and fruits with it and you shouldn't drink alcohol after 2hours of taking this pill or it will harm your liver.

The only annoying thing was the west, you will start to have rashes and you are unable to sleep downwards for a while. I found a cheating way though, there are sponges sticking to your chest and then the vest comes over that, you can remove the vest and wear a tshirt and then wear the vest over the tshirt that way the west is doing its job yet it's not touching your body so less irritation. This was my personal experience though I do stupid things a lot, so don't try it without asking your doctor lol

They gave me a sheet that explains everything I need to do and know. The sheet doesn't say what to do with the sponges after the first week though, I had no idea whether I should put them back under the vest or not. I did put them back the sticky side looking outwards anyways, it seems to put more pressure on the chest.

No one even noticed the vest even though I was wearing just a shirt over it, I told them myself about it, I told some people it was a heart surgery and I told others I was stabbed by thugs while defending a girl hahaha no one believed either of them though cause I wasn't serious.

I was trying to ignore my gynecomastia all my life, I was thinking this is a deficiency that I have and I have to deal with it, I used to tell myself this is better than not having a leg or something isn't it? It wasn't a big deal really I got used to it but once in a while I wished I didn't have it. I received some comments from all my sex partners, friends, and even my dad but we were always thinking it's because of obesity, although I was only a little bit over weight all the time, so I thought going to gym would make it go away but it only made things worse! no one reached me to tell me gynecomastia is an abnormality that can only be fixed with surgery, if I had known that I would not carry the curse for all these years. I've had many body building trainers and even doctors looking at my body none of them told me this. So I think society is either not educated enough to know what gynecomastia is or they refrain from saying it. It was only an accident that I came to know about gynecomastia  through google. I wish they instruct teachers at high schools to tell students about this or find a way to educate people more about it. It is a big deal if a large portion of men suffer from it.

I have a few recommendations for others who are going to Toronto for the surgery

1- Bring at least 20$ in coins with you if you are not planning to use a taxi, Toronto has an excellent transportation system, you can go to subway (kippling station) with 192 Airport Rocket bus and then you'll get off at Dundas west and then you'll get a street car that will drop you a block off Saint Joseph street. and this will all cost you 2.75. You can go back to the airport the same way. So your whole transportation fee will be 2 * 2.75, don't spend money on cab, well unless you are in rush or you don't mind paying more.

2- This website gives you excellent deals on hotels, http://www.hotelhotline.com/ , I have used it four times so far and I'm very happy with their prices. I stayed in Clarion hotel in downtown for around 59$ per night, their service was pretty good and they had an excellent self service breakfast too. It's very close to downtown where the fun is.

3- Do not pay ANYTHING to the hospital!

4- Take something to play with to the hospital, you are not fully conscious so don't take your rocket science projects. You can play with the bed a little if you didn't have anything else, it has bunch of buttons on it lol

5- Don't be shy to ask questions

6- Hospital does not lack hot chicks, even though you are sick you might have a chance to take some home.

So yeah, 10 out of 10 for Dr.Fielding
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:11:25 PM by Ushta »

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
GREAT story! Congrats!

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
re 6 - I don't know how a girl would react if you tried to pick her up. "Hey I just got my manboobs removed wanna go for a pizza and a f@#k?"

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, everyone brings different details out n their accounts, and they are all appreciated by future patients.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats and thanks for sharing dude!!!   ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Ushta

• Posting Member
thanks for the kind messages,

It's gonna be three weeks in a few days and I'm gonna take the vest off. My chest looks just great I'm gonna have a kick ass summer.

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My chest looks just great I'm gonna have a kick ass summer.

;D ;D ;D

That's what it's all about my man!!!

Enjoy!!!  ;)

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024