Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Fielding - done  (Read 2463 times)

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
Fellas,

I had my surgery today. It seemed to go well. I am find that I am little sore particularly when I am doing anything that involves using my chest. For example when I laying down and push up with my hands.

I have not told too many people about the surgery so I am being asked to help people move things - I have to kind of dodge the question or say that I hurt myself working out.

The morning of the surgery. I take the subway to Dundas West. Then the 504 street car south on Roncesvalle. I arrive at the hospital. I have a bit of trouble finding the surgical daycare unit.

After filling out the same forms 3 times and being asked the same questions 3 times I am asked to enter surgery room.

I get an IV then the next thing I knew I wake up in the recovery area.

The nurses look at my chest and notice swelling. They call Fielding. He looks and says doesn't look like a hemotoma. I leave with the gf.

On the way home stopped for some food. I felt generally "groggy" and a little bit off balance.

Came home popped a T3 and went to bed.

Still a little sore.

Offline hatfield

• Posting Member
Glad it went ok! Keep us posted as to how the recovery goes. What did you think of Dr. Fielding? I have a consult with him next monday and would be interested in any feedback you may have about him.

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
Congrats! welcome to the other side. Fielding is fantastic! only 3.5 weeks post op and I love everything that I see so far.

Offline Dider11

• Posting Member
Were you guys instructed to Ice your chest at all? My nurse told me it would help with the swelling & bruising but I haven't heard of anyone else doing it.

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
The only thing I was told to do was wear my vest for 4 weeks 24/7.

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
I asked him about icing. He said not to do it. In fact he said that swelling is part of the healing process.

G-Rex out

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024