Author Topic: would you get surgery if you were in my shoes??  (Read 2493 times)

Offline underdog

• Posting Member
i know i have gyno, but not sure how serious it is.  i dont really remember when i started to get gyno, but right now i am 28 yrs old.  some days i feel ok about my chest and some days i feel extremely depressed.
when im at home, i do go shirtless in the summer time, so a lot of my friends and family have seen my chest.  they do admit i have some 'boobs' but they always say that 'its not that bad'.  they have made fun of my puffy nipples though.  i visited my folks last month and brought up the idea of surgery and their reaction was that i would be 'completely INSANE' if i got surgery.

anyways, just want to get some outsiders opinions on this.  would you guys get surgery if you were me?

note:  i did lean over in some of the pics to exaggerate the gyno.  in the last pic, i am standing straight which makes appear somewhat normal.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:55:47 PM by underdog »

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Trust me I feel the same way you do but I'm 37 and mine seems like it is getting a little worse because of my age.

I will get the surgery with in the next year. I have to say yours looks similar to mine.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gotgyne

Offline underdog

• Posting Member
Trust me I feel the same way you do but I'm 37 and mine seems like it is getting a little worse because of my age.

I will get the surgery with in the next year. I have to say yours looks similar to mine.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gotgyne

you know what, yours looks EXACTLY like mine.  it might even be a little less than mine.  but when i look at your pictures, it really doesnt look serious enough to get surgery - but i understand this is relative with the person.  are you married?  why have you held out on the surgery for so long?  do you workout often? 
i cant imagine myself thinking about this surgery when im 37.

Offline underdog

• Posting Member
wow, 2 to 0 for surgery.  i guess its more serious than i thought.  i was really hoping for people to talk me out of it, but im getting the opposite! lol!

i should seriously consider this surgery.  how long does it usually take to get an appointment with some of these well-known doctors?

Offline underdog

• Posting Member
a few more questions, is there a way to get rid of just the puffy nipples w/o lipo?  does it cost less?

TIA for your replies.

Offline thetodd

youd need lipo mate youve got some fat there

Umm its a tough one mate, having had surgery with case (similar) to yours id say yes. But it really isnt a severe case of gyne AT ALL the only person who can judge how bad it is, is yourself!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Hey man, you need to take the advice you get from people on this board with a grain of salt.  Frankly, most of us are crazy, we simply look at things differently than normal people who do not have this problem.  I see your chest and I can kinda see what people are saying, but frankly, you just look out of shape and you definitely don't have puffy nips. 

Before you even think about getting surgery, you need to go lift some weights and lose some body fat.  Get down to single digit body fat percentage and then re-evaluate.  People here are WAY too surgery-happy, and that's from someone who got it done. 

Offline underdog

• Posting Member
mrpower - thank you for telling me straight up.  i hope you are right.

i am actually really skinny, but im definitely out of shape.  i just see a lot of my friends who are even more out of shape then me, and they dont have the gyno problem.  this makes me feel that i have a problem.  and in the past, i have seen pictures of severe cases of gyno with before and after pics - but now that ive found this forum, it seems like most of the people have even LESS of a problem than me and they STILL get the surgery.  this also makes me feel that i have a problem.

but i do feel that i have the puffy nipple problem.  regardless, i will have to try and do some intense training before i consider the surgery.  hopefully i wont be delaying the inevitable though.

Offline underdog

• Posting Member
lol.  you are AWESOME mrpower.  seriously like a guardian angel or something, lol!

i needed a good slap in the face like this.  because when i REALLY think about my situation - you are 100% right, i have not put in the time and effort to get into proper shape.  instead, i just blame it on the gyno.

hopefully when the love handles are gone, the moobs will be too.

thanks again mpower, for being honest about yourself and telling me straight.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024