Author Topic: Quick Question For Doctors  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
I am now almost 3 weeks post-op, and my nipples look pretty good. I was wondering if you still have a chance of having your nipples cave-in post-op..? like having your nipple fall into your breast, sort of thing. Hopefully you know what I mean. And if so, is the chances very low of this happening? I'm hoping it's a small chance if it can!
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

DrBermant

I am now almost 3 weeks post-op, and my nipples look pretty good. I was wondering if you still have a chance of having your nipples cave-in post-op..? like having your nipple fall into your breast, sort of thing. Hopefully you know what I mean. And if so, is the chances very low of this happening? I'm hoping it's a small chance if it can!

Swelling can hide results and mask Crater Deformities. Some doctors' methods result in swelling that can take much longer to resolve, even longer than 3 weeks.  I prefer techniques with minimal Swelling and Bruising After Gynecomastia Surgery. Damaging healing tissues can result in deformity. For my patients, I have never seen a crater deformity develop after surgery.   Such questions are best asked of the doctor who operated on you.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
More than likely, you will be fine.  Much of the initial swelling subsides after 3-4 weeks -- and if there is no nipple/areolar deformity at that time, then the likelihood of a problem is minimal.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll be in the clear.

But if the doc took out ALL of the gland behind my nipple, should it be deformed?

He told me he was going to take it all out. So...

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I am now putting on my shrink's cap.

Why spend your energy worrying about something that may never happen?  Your surgery is over, everything looks good and you are in the healing phase.  Give yourself some time to heal and get your mind off the surgery for now and into other, perhaps more important, things.

Now I will put my surgeon's cap back on.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
I am now putting on my shrink's cap.

Why spend your energy worrying about something that may never happen?  Your surgery is over, everything looks good and you are in the healing phase.  Give yourself some time to heal and get your mind off the surgery for now and into other, perhaps more important, things.

Now I will put my surgeon's cap back on.

Dr Jacobs
Haha alright, thanks Jacobs. I'll stop worrying.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024