Author Topic: Photos, Info, and Surgery  (Read 3729 times)

Offline dt_x

• Posting Member
Hi Team,

I'm Dave, 28 year old management consultant (& writer) in New Zealand. I have had gyne since I was 13 years old but it got a lot worse a few years ago, just aging I guess. I've got a blend of both gland and fat, in a bilateral fashion with a more pronounced left side.  I am booked for surgery with Zachary Moaveni at the Tristram clinic in Hamilton. I chose him because he was the first person to really listen in the consultation. It is costing $8390 altogether.

A weird thing happened, when I started this job, my partner and another consultant all have gyne, and made vague allusions to their chests but due to my rigid dress code  (I've worn head to toe black since 13) no-one noticed with me. Normally was not that noticeable but my body has changed and I started feeling self conscious again and stopped going to the pool and gym (exercise addict).  I was lifting heavy weights and was overwhelmed with a sense of pointlessness. So I booked the surgery, and a PT to help me back to normality in September and October. I am looking forward to being free of this weight because some things are heavier than appearances.

Zachary is a really nice guy, his nurse Rozanne is cool – the receptionist is blunt but you'll survive. Results, Saturday after next.  Advice welcome!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v157/dvegan/?action=view&current=IMG000052.jpg
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:38:06 AM by dt_x »

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
good luck brah. I got surgery this week too

Offline Tommo

• Posting Member
Hey Dave,

How's things, good luck with the surgery.  I also live in NZ and am a bit worried about getting surgery as I'm sure the surgeons here aren't as experienced as in the states or Australia.  Even trying to find a gynecomastia surgeon in Auckland using google is hard.  Have you asked your surgeon for pictures of past operations?

Any way good luck, and please post some pictures post op!

Chur,

Tom

Offline dt_x

• Posting Member
Hi People!

I had the surgery on Friday. It went REALLY well, Zach is a super guy and really nice, I have not uploaded a photo yet but I look totally different, ridiculously so.  I am wearing the vest and its so tight I can barely breathe but I am back at work so its not that bad.

http://www.tristramclinic.co.nz/moaveni.html This is him.

Honestly, I look tiny now, I have wide shoulders but there's so much gone, more than I thought and I keep looking in the mirror and thinking god I'm skinny, then I think WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?

Hey Tommo, I went through the Tristram clinic in Hamilton, if you want to discuss it further you can flick me a personal email etc...

I am going back to see him on Friday, and gonna take the pictures then, getting the stitches out etc...

Offline dt_x

• Posting Member
one week photos here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v157/dvegan/?action=view&current=IMG000072.jpg

by the way I have a little swelling, no pain and NO GYNE.

TWO VESTS TO GIVE AWAY IN SEPTEMBER, GOOD QUALITY EMAIL ME (LOL)

Offline varsity18

hey man.. i see you online.. Would you mind giving me your opinion .. im the post below yours.. And i wish you luck in your recovery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024