Author Topic: Surgery on Wednesday with dr fielding!  (Read 13831 times)

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
Longtime reader, first time poster!

Goin to get my boobs chopped off on Wednesday!! I'm so excited/anxious I can't wait!
I'm 26 now and have had them since about 12 or 13... So glad
that the whole ordeal is almost over!

Everything happened so quickly for me too.. One day I finally decided to call up dr fieldings office. I had my consult 3 days after and my surgery was 3 weeks after consult!

Talk about kismet!

Now I just hope and pray the slice and dice and recovery
is just as quick... Hahaha

will keep you all posted

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats dude...  ;)

Waiting for you on the 'Other Side'...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
I'm done!!! Messaging in a very hazy state of mind... And euphoric to finally be done!

My nipples burn a bit but that's bout it... But I'm on morphine and Tylenol 3.

Not gonna lie.. I feel kinda high.

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
Good Luck with your recovery!  Keep us posted.  Some of us (namely me) will be going through the same thing shortly. :-)  It helps to know what you're in for. 

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
I went in for surgery as fielding's first patient this morning and the experience wasn't too bad. My throat hurt a lot and still kinda does because they put tubes down my throat... The pain is definately there but not so bad... It feels like I did an unhealthy amount of reps on then bench press (which I can't wait to do!). I spoke with fielding I the recovery room and he said he took a nice solid piece of gland from both sides and smoothed it out with lipo... He said I should have great results because of the nature of the gland I had. J can't wait to see my results. Overall, only one complaint: I didn't get any morphine! Where's my morphine?!? Haha best of luck guys

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
Finally home and resting... Noticed I'm bleeding on my left side thru to the vest. The right side as well, but a smaller amount.

My dog is in bed with me and keeps trying to smell me... It's hilarious.

My throat is all kinds of weird...! Like a very dry sore throat and I
keep getting dry mouth no matter how much water I drink....

And to the Arbys guy from Ottawa that was also dr fieldings patient, I wish u a speedy recovery!

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
Wow!  Congratulations to both you guys who just went through the surgery.  What is this about sticking something down your throat.  I had no idea.  What is that all about?  YUCK  Did they do that to both of you?

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
Yea, they shove a tube down ur throat while ur out...

Um a few questions for those who've been thru this:
1. Was it hard to pee after sugery. I feel like i have the urge to go but not everything iscoming out! It's a weird feeling I've never had before..

2. How much blood is ok to soak through.  I just went to the toilet to do a #2 and I guess maybe straining to go caused some blood to actually seep through past my vest to my t shirt. It's not lots but it looks like the gauze on the left side is quite full with blood.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yea, they shove a tube down ur throat while ur out...

The tube is necessary for the the patient to breathe during surgery. 

Um a few questions for those who've been thru this:

1. Was it hard to pee after sugery. I feel like i have the urge to go but not everything iscoming out! It's a weird feeling I've never had before..

Constipation is normal. It is usually caused by your pain meds. Don't worry, it doesn't usually last long.

2. How much blood is ok to soak through.  I just went to the toilet to do a #2 and I guess maybe straining to go caused some blood to actually seep through past my vest to my t shirt. It's not lots but it looks like the gauze on the left side is quite full with blood.

Blood seepage varies from patient to patient. Change your dressing if necessary, however... keep a close eye on any future seepage. If it continues for a prolonged period of time, consult your PS  A.S.A.P !!!

GB...

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
Thanks Bambu, I called the clinic and I'm on my way over to get this bleeding checked out. The left side is pretty much soaked a dark red.

No pain though!

Oh and I drank some warm honey and my throat feels a million times better!

Going to the bathroom is annoying tho... Feels like I have a prostate problem and I can't pee properly!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:11:28 AM by Actorboob »

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
How are you doing Actorboob?  Has the bleeding stopped?  Hope everything is under control. 

I think I will spend the first night in the hospital.  I would totally freak out if I got back to the hotel and started bleeding.  I don't know Toronto and I would feel completely out of control if I had any complications after I left the hospital.

Regardless, we are concerned about you.  Let us know ho you are doing?

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
Hey! Thx for the concern. I went to see fielding today and he was not concerned with the bleeding at all. He said it wasn't really blood, just some blood mixed with the liquid they fill u up with for the lipo... The original pad was full of blood so he quickly took it out and replaced it with some gauze. So no biggie at all!

I asked him about my problems eliminating and he said it's normal. So I guess I just shouldn't strain so hard. It's a side effect of the anesthesia drugs. I should be ok by tomorrow!

Other than that I go in to see him on Tuesday to take my pads out and get a first look at my new chest!

Oh and fielding says I have very minimal bruising and no hematoma developing so I'm happy about that!

I actually went out this evening to watch a play... So 1 day post op and I'm out and about! Doing most things in the house, takin care of the dog etc...

Will keep u all updated!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Thanks for the update...  ;)

GB...

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
It's good to hear the good news. :-)  Good luck on the unveiling. 

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
6 days post op!!! Got my foam pads ripped off today by dr fielding and I was one of the unlucky few where
the glue really stuck to my skin which cased chunks
of foam to stick to my skin! Lol!

Well I'm happy with how everything looks. Doc says I can stop wearing the vest after 2 more weeks and then I can start exercising again.

Very little bruising, very little swelling so far, no hematoma- just a nice flat chest! Nothing hanging, no
breasts! Nothing!

Came home and tried some t shirts on that I never wore before...

Will keep you all updated as I progress with my healing!

I'd post pics, but I dunno how!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024