Author Topic: Help me decide whether or not to get surgery!  (Read 2900 times)

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
alright so here is the deal. i have had this since i was 12 years old and i havent gone to swim at the beach or at the pool since then. I probably have gone to the pool once or twice every summer at night time. I am 17 weigh 155lbs at 6 feet. I went to the doctor and all he said was that they dont look bad at all compared so some other patients i have and they wont go away since u have had them for soo long.

So, i dont want any biased opinions from people who have worst conditions than me. Just tell me your thoughts on whether or not i should get surgery. I am very embarrassed to take my shirt off around anyone except for my family. It sucks really bad.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
by ur photos u dont seem to have a problem at all and i would say no dont go for surgery!
u just got puffy aerolas, i dont see why u would want to have surgery just for that.

but on the other hand if u have a small gland and it can be see through clothing and ruings the look of certain shirts etc.

maybe surgery would be good and u would get a good result.

good luck

Offline hello84

• Posting Member

Offline Frank Reynolds

• Posting Member
Yes you have it.  The thing about the condition is that it is complicated by body type.  You look like a trim guy, in decent shape without any excess hanging around.  This isn't the case for everyone, and, because of the different body morphologies, people have different opinions about what kind of actions are appropriate for addressing gynecomastia.  Exercising will not help you.  You have glandular tissue that will not be diminished through diet and physical activity.  My condition is very similar to yours; low body fat % with a lean physique.  You could use special clothing to hide it, you could have surgery done to remove the tissue, or you can just rock it.  Really, it depends on how much of an emotional and psychological impact it is having on you.  A lot of people will look at your pictures and think : 'big deal it doesn't look like much, what's the problem?' The problem is the same as every other member of this site.  It is up to you how to deal with it.  Good luck.

Offline thetodd

personally i wouldn't!

if you've got the cash and are prepared to take the risks then do it, dont make other peoples opinions persuade/dissuade you

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
wow thank you guys for your opinions. Frank, your post was very helpful, thanks. as of now i have talked to my parents and i am probably getting surgery this winter because my parents know how badly this has affected my life in the past 5 years. Every time my parents wanted to take a beach trip i would say no which would ruin all of the families plans. however they understood. I am probably choosing dr bermant as my surgeon bc i havent seen or heard anything bad about him and he is relatively the closest surgeon in my area. Ill keep everyone updated if i get my surgery so ill be back. THanks for everyones help

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024