Author Topic: Affective drugs?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Moses

Dear doctors,

I've been told by my endocrinologist that drugs "might" help with my gyne condition but first my endocrinologist still has to further examine me  before prescribing me for any drug that might help reduce my man boobs. And the problem is, I was wondering whether it would be wise to ignore taking the drugs and just go for surgery instead? I know it seems like I'm rushing to get rid of my man boobs but I just want to get it over with because I don't want to waste a month or two experimenting and taking drugs that might not even help reduce my condition at all when I can use that time to have surgery done and use it as my resting/recovering period instead.

I'm already 18 and I've had gynecomastia for 6 years now. Is it okay to just assume that my man boobs have stabilized and won't grow anymore/get worst and can go for surgery? My main question now is, can drugs really help in most cases? What are the statistics for it to work for most cases? Is there a high chance or low chance that it can help? Your help is much appreciated.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your endo has found hormone imbalances, it would be best to get that stabilized first.  On the other hand, if your hormones are within normal limits and if your gyne has been stable for six years, then it is doubtful that any hormonal manipulation over several months would do anything for it.  Once gyne has been established, the best treatment is surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024