Author Topic: pls pls help..does scar tissue stay forever??  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Doodooman

• Posting Member
im 1 year 9 months post op..i havent worn any compression vest or given any massage to the operated area post op as i  was left with drains for 10 days..as my doc said i didnt need it..since the op i feel firm irregular tissue underneath and lateral my both areolas..they r fixed with the underlying structures as well..is it scar tissue or residual gland..  ???ps..my puffiness hasnt subsided yet

Offline Doodooman

• Posting Member
Doctors..please help me with the situation..i need ur input in this cause this will determine my possibillity of a revision surgery..thanx in advance 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The natural way in which the body heals is with scar tissue.  Then, over time, the body absorbs some of it -- but there are always remnants of scar tissue wherever surgery (or trauma) has occurred.  The amount that remains is extremely variable with every individual.

If you feel there is residual and annoying scar tissue in your case, best is to return to your surgeon for evaluation and possible treatment.  Treatment may consist of any or all of:  massage, ultrasound, kenalog injections or perhaps additional surgery.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Doodooman

• Posting Member
Thank you very much Dr.Jacobs for the reply..just had my revision surgery few hrs back..my doc said it was a combination of gland tissue(left by the previous surgeon)and scar tissue..hope fully i get a good outcome this time..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024