Author Topic: Question About Psychological Stability  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Toviah

Hey guys, I've been suffering from gynecomastia (puffy, tender nipples) since I was about 14 and I'm 18 now, and it's been affecting my self esteem ever since. I really enjoy this site and I've been reading information on this website all night, and I just want to say thank you for you all being here. :)

First off, I'm writing this while I'm having a mild psychotic episode. My medication has been recently upped to address my mood swings and these occasional episodes, so I apologize if my post is kind of hard to understand.

Well, anyway, my question is in regards to my mental stability. I suffer from Bipolar II (rapid cycling), and I've been admitted into a psychiatric ward due to severe suicidal thoughts (to the point of coming dangerously close to completing the act). Due to my self esteem issues, I've had thoughts of cutting my face with a knife to cause severe scars just to get away from who I am, and I feel my gynecomastia is a major player in my self esteem issues. I've also been known to eat one meal a day in order to lose what little weight I have and to reduce my puffy nipples. I'm only overweight by about 10 to 15 pounds.

My psych doctors are doubting that diagnosis and are heavily considering what's known as schizoaffective disorder. I'm currently on 40mgs of Prozac and 300mgs of Lamictal. Will my psychological condition affect my eligibility for insurance coverage and approval for surgery by a plastic surgeon?

Thank you all so much.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:49:31 AM by Toviah »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024