Author Topic: How do I deal with this?  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Bib

Why do so many people think it's acceptable to reach out, squeeze someone's moob, and say something like "honk"?

This has been happening to me my whole life (I was very obese since ~3-4 years old). It's not even a running gag amongst anyone. It's like some universal belief that everyone I have to see frequently possesses and acts on for no reason at all.

I'm normally a pretty calm person who can take jokes/abuse pretty well, but a co-worker did this to me today in front of all my other co-workers.

So I ask... What's an appropriate way to deal with someone doing this to you in front of other people?

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
The only thing I can say to this is that YOU have to respect yourself enough to put a stop to it. That means not accepting such direct and open abuse. People will only do what one allows them to do! How? Well, I don't know you personally, but you indicate that this type of thing has been happening to you all your life. That tells me that you've allowed it your whole life, and therefore have taught others by your non-response that it's alright to treat you that way. When you decide that you've had enough and that you won't be treated that way anymore, you'll know what to do.

Anon

Offline johnny125

• Posting Member
That happened to me once. I said to the guy, "What the heck's wrong with you? I'm not gay and I'm not interested. Bug off." Then he was the one who was embarassed. It never happened to me again.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Its happened to me & I just squeezed the other guys nips back - real hard!
Mine might be bigger but his hurt just the same with that! ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024