Author Topic: How bad/gyno or pseudo?  (Read 4557 times)

Offline yumyumfood

• Posting Member
Hey all. When I went through puberty, I got gyno when I gained a bit of weight. It seemed to ease up when I got a little older and lost some weight, but ever since I can remember and throughout my 20's it's been apparent to at least myself. I've never been a big guy. At this point, I'm 27 and maybe around 140-150lbs and 5'8". Obviously this has affected me to varying degrees throughout my life. I'm at a point now where I just want to be comfortable in a t-shirt or at the beach (like anyone else on here). I've been back and forth about surgery, but my I realize my condition COULD be worse and it's such an awkward thing to talk about. I'm also in a relationship and happy. I figured it was time to get some advice. I'll try to put up some photos, and maybe you guys could tell me if it's worth it to talk to a doctor or will the right amount of exercise make enough of a difference? I've never been very active, so I'm small in frame but don't have a very good shape either way. I'm planning on trying to change that this spring/summer. Anyways, here are some photos:

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
dude that doesn't even look bad. 

A lot of people on the forums will probably say thats gyno and you have to get a surgery.  You look fine imo.  Your pecs do not sag. 

You want your chest to look better?  Start lifting 3x days a week, you seem to have low body fat. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, it does appear that you have some mild excess tissue on your chest.  Unfortunately, more exercise will not make it go away.

If you can live with it, then do so.  If it bothers you, then consider a consult with a plastic surgeon to learn what can be done for you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline yumyumfood

• Posting Member
I guess I was kind of expecting both of those answers. It's good to hear that it's at least minor, although I should note that it was quite chilly in the room when those photos were taken. I guess my question then is, being that I'm not particularly active at the moment (despite my low body weight), would consistent cardio/some weight lifting do anything to help the appearance of my chest (being that I may not be able to get rid of the tissue itself without surgery). I'm not happy with the way it looks now, but I could deal with it being only slightly better. It's tricky for me to talk about it with friends/loved ones or just decide to go with surgery because it's not a drastic case and some people might think I'm overreacting. Basically, I don't want to bother going either route if I don't have to or it won't help. So being that it won't go away with exercise, will it at least become less noticeable?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Absolutely nothing wrong with exercise -- and it's free!  But from your appearance, it looks as though you are relatively thin.  Exercise will burn calories so whatever fat component you have on your chest would diminish a bit -- and the chest would become very slightly smaller (the breast tissue remains).   On the other hand, bulking up your chest muscle will actually push the overlying breast tissue further out -- so net effect of all the exercise might not be much change for you.

Dr. Jacobs

Offline yumyumfood

• Posting Member
I've read about the potential to push breast tissue out when building muscle in the chest area. That is a concern. In your opinion, based on the photos I've posted, how bad is the condition for me? What kind of costs would you estimate for surgery? Unfortunately, I don't have much to work with on the money front and I also don't have credit.

Thanks for your help.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, really can't guess about the amount of tissue from just a few photos and without benefit of a hands-on physical exam.  Overall, your condition appears to be moderate -- I have seen and treated many men with far larger chests than you have.

I would be willing to do a free email evaluation if you would just send me a PM with your real name and email address.  I will then send you appropriate info.  You can also gain some info by calling my office at (212) 570 6080 any weekday.  Speak to Jennifer.

Dr Jacobs

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Hey all. When I went through puberty, I got gyno when I gained a bit of weight. It seemed to ease up when I got a little older and lost some weight, but ever since I can remember and throughout my 20's it's been apparent to at least myself. I've never been a big guy. At this point, I'm 27 and maybe around 140-150lbs and 5'8". Obviously this has affected me to varying degrees throughout my life. I'm at a point now where I just want to be comfortable in a t-shirt or at the beach (like anyone else on here). I've been back and forth about surgery, but my I realize my condition COULD be worse and it's such an awkward thing to talk about. I'm also in a relationship and happy. I figured it was time to get some advice. I'll try to put up some photos, and maybe you guys could tell me if it's worth it to talk to a doctor or will the right amount of exercise make enough of a difference? I've never been very active, so I'm small in frame but don't have a very good shape either way. I'm planning on trying to change that this spring/summer. Anyways, here are some photos:

I don't think it is gyno dude ! Personal opinion...

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i have no problem seeing it at all.  and you will never get that kind of asymmetry from something that doesn't exist. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024