Author Topic: Toronto Surgeons  (Read 6573 times)

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
I would like to consult 3 plastic surgeons in the Toronto area before booking my surgery. I have already booked 1 with Dr. Lista and will be booking 1 on monday with Dr. Fielding. Can anyone recomend another good Toronto gynecomastia surgeon for me to visit?
Thanks

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
Can anyone recomend 3 good p.s. in the Toronto area for me to visit?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Drs Lister and Fielding have excellent reputations -- they do a lot of gyne surgery.  Your choice of surgeon should really be with someone who has a keen interest in this surgery and who does a lot of it.  Suggest you consult with both of them.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I would like to consult 3 plastic surgeons in the Toronto area before booking my surgery. I have already booked 1 with Dr. Lista and will be booking 1 on monday with Dr. Fielding. Can anyone recomend another good Toronto gynecomastia surgeon for me to visit?
Thanks

Dr. M. Kara - Toronto Gynecomastia Surgery

Toronto Cosmetic Clinic

There are others...  Google: 'Gynecomastia Surgery Toronto'

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
Thanks for your help here. I had ultrasonic lipo done 10 yrs ago and it did almost nothing to rectify the issue. I believe that a better method will hopefully be in glan removal. I understand that both Dr. Lista and Dr. Fielding perfom this.
I also have heard that if I decide to go with Dr. Fielding part of my cost may be covered through OHIP?
Is this correct.
One of my big concerns is a possible re-growth of gland/fat tissue post surgery.
My GP is checking my testosterone level now. He does not seem interested in sending me to an endocrinologist. SHould I insist on this or are his results enough?
I appreciate any of your feedback here and thanks again for your initial response,
Robos

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Drs Lister and Fielding have excellent reputations -- they do a lot of gyne surgery.  Your choice of surgeon should really be with someone who has a keen interest in this surgery and who does a lot of it.  Suggest you consult with both of them.
Dr Jacobs

Did you mean 'Lista'...

GB...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Thanks for your help here. I had ultrasonic lipo done 10 yrs ago and it did almost nothing to rectify the issue. I believe that a better method will hopefully be in glan removal. I understand that both Dr. Lista and Dr. Fielding perfom this.
I also have heard that if I decide to go with Dr. Fielding part of my cost may be covered through OHIP?
Is this correct.
One of my big concerns is a possible re-growth of gland/fat tissue post surgery.
My GP is checking my testosterone level now. He does not seem interested in sending me to an endocrinologist. SHould I insist on this or are his results enough?
I appreciate any of your feedback here and thanks again for your initial response,
Robos

Yes, you can claim gland excision on OHIP. However, if you require lipo, then you have to pay JCF out of your own pocket.

The chance of regrowth is very slight.

You are worried about regrowth... to put your mind at ease, you may want to insist on seeing an Endo...

GB...

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
I would like to see an endo , but my GP has discouraged it and wants to check the testosterone himself.
I think that I should seek a new GP.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If your GP is 'refusing' to refer you to an Endo, then yes, find another doc who will...  ;)

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024