Author Topic: After surgery concern... help Dr. Bermat and others please help me...  (Read 2803 times)

Offline cybot

• Posting Member
Hello. Dr. Bermat I had my surgery done on 19th march 2010 at mumbai india.. i had excision and lipo both done on me.. i saw at your site different pictures of gland that were removed from different patients but i guess mines looks a little different.. could u please take a look and tell me if its really the gland and tissue that was removed from my chest and nothing else..

http://mynetimages.com/album/cybot/glands

thanx in advance

19/03/2010 My Surgery Experience with Dr. Sandip jain => http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20377.0

DrBermant

Hello. Dr. Bermat I had my surgery done on 19th march 2010 at mumbai india.. i had excision and lipo both done on me.. i saw at your site different pictures of gland that were removed from different patients but i guess mines looks a little different.. could u please take a look and tell me if its really the gland and tissue that was removed from my chest and nothing else..

http://mynetimages.com/album/cybot/glands

thanx in advance

The Pictures of Gynecomastia Glands I show on my website came straight from the patient's body. They were not rinsed off. When not obscured by blood, gland tends to be white, fat yellow as seen on my photos. I would be concerned for an elective gynecomastia surgery case of mine to see such bleeding on the liposuction aspirate or excision specimen. In the liposuction aspirate, the yellow fat floats over the fluid which in the best of circumstances is clear or slightly yellow clear. The more red that deeper layer, the bloodier the surgery. I would not be able to offer my Normal Bruising and Swelling after surgery with such techniques. Being able to offer such extensive surgery with negligible bleeding, bruising, and swelling is the hallmark of refined surgical sculpture.

So the red in the photographs is a blood component that I prefer to avoid and leave in the patient for a less traumatic sculpture. Beyond that, looking at the gland partially in fluid / blood is different than lying on the chest. On the chest the glands are like jelly fish out of water. In water the glands are also out of their natural body environment of fat, so that too is artificial. Many of my patients ask to look at their gland after surgery and we show them the tissue in the specimen jars with preservative fluid. I do not take additional photos of a gland in that solution as I feel it offers little further advantage. But taking the picture of the gland on the chest has become a way of documentation and can provide a source of emotional healing for the patient looking to understand what was removed.  Photographs of the problem before surgery, early after surgery pictures, later results, and gland removed are all elements of trying to show what was done.

Photographs alone cannot differentiate gland, fat, muscle or skin. But if the specimen were sent to pathology, a pathologist can.

Congratulations on you surgery and the best of luck on your recovery!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:02:54 PM by DrBermant »

Offline cybot

• Posting Member

DrBermant

Thank you Dr. Bermat

You are quite welcome. Good luck on your recovery.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024