Author Topic: born with low nipple  (Read 4151 times)

Offline omaha_style1

So I just had my gyne surgery last Thursday. Everything went well, but one of the issues I had was my nipples being too low. This was not totally from gyno, as I am really bshort bc of kidney diesease as a kid. I'm 5 even, have long legs but a short torso. As a result, my nipples are low on my chest, but perfect distance fom my colar bone. My doc said he would do a lift as much as possible with internal lift and stitch.

But I don't see a difference, and I see a small divet from where I imagine the suture is holding the nipple up.

The question, what can I do? I don't have flabby skin, so I don't know if the donut skin tightning would work. Anything can be done hiding scars around areola?

Any help would be awesome.

DrBermant

So I just had my gyne surgery last Thursday. Everything went well, but one of the issues I had was my nipples being too low. This was not totally from gyno, as I am really bshort bc of kidney diesease as a kid. I'm 5 even, have long legs but a short torso. As a result, my nipples are low on my chest, but perfect distance fom my colar bone. My doc said he would do a lift as much as possible with internal lift and stitch.

But I don't see a difference, and I see a small divet from where I imagine the suture is holding the nipple up.

The question, what can I do? I don't have flabby skin, so I don't know if the donut skin tightning would work. Anything can be done hiding scars around areola?

Any help would be awesome.

Standard Pictures Before and after Chest Lift / Areola Lift Surgery can help others better understand your concerns.

Low Nipples Do Not Look Good on a Male Chest. The most common cause is loose tissues / skin after major weight loss. There are other possible causes. Options depend on the original problem, what was done and many other factors best discussed with your surgeon.

I coined the term Internal Lift Male Mastopexy to describe an extended fat flap variation that evolved after reconstructing major gland defects. I found that the nipple would raise with the repair. What I liked was the very limited external scars. The lift relies on the forces of the Superficial Fascia Suspension (SFS) Layer of tissue between the skin and muscle fascia. This is the tissue Ted Lockwood described that he based his body sculpture on. This Internal Lift surgery does not manage the loose skin component and thus has its limitations. I then was able to offer other patents with smaller gland problems the same effect by removing an ellipse of this SFS and reapproximating the tissue. Like with Lockwood's design, this often requires permanent deep sutures. Sutures alone without the SFS sculpture seem to have little effect on lifting the surface skin.

There are other options for lifting the areola on the chest. They are variations of Male Mastopexy Chest Lift and often involve scars completely around the areola itself. Such scars do have their limitations and advantages. This problem is the art of compromise and understanding such issues is best done with your surgeon who has already done the procedure.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline omaha_style1

So doctor, which one, or any of these techniques could be used if you don't have lots of loose flappy skin? Could just the donut be used? Or something like a lollipop incision?

Thanks so much for your response

DrBermant

So doctor, which one, or any of these techniques could be used if you don't have lots of loose flappy skin? Could just the donut be used? Or something like a lollipop incision?

Thanks so much for your response

It depends on many factors that I prefer to defer to comment about until I have more information for the specific problem I am sculpting. We are glad to help patients explore such issues during a consultation or our Preliminary Remote Discussion. After prior surgery, tissues need to heal before considering revision. If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
If you post some photos, it would be easier to comment on your specific situation.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery