Author Topic: Mini Abdominoplasty Question for Dr. Bermant  (Read 2525 times)

Offline anon553

• Posting Member
I went on two consults and both surgeons seem to have similar techniques for the gyno surgery.  I also inquired about doing something about the extra skin on my abs (lost 100 lbs).  One mentioned liposuction (though he cautioned that I have very little fat left to suction out) and the other mentioned a tummy tuck (but I don't want a huge scar).

Dr. Bermant, I noticed on your website a procedure called a MINI abdominoplasty.  I am interested in this because it seems as though I could hide the scar beneath my pubic hair (as opposed to a full abdominoplasty that extended to my hips). I've included a few photos.  The redundant skin is both above and below my belly button and your online diagrams indicate that you can separate some of skin above my belly button and pull it down to tighten the skin up.  Would I be a good candidate for this procedure? I just don't think liposuction would do me any good...

Thanks for your help!  

Sitting

Sitting, Pinching Skin

Hunched Over, Pinching Skin
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:20:13 PM by anon553 »

DrBermant

I went on two consults and both surgeons seem to have similar techniques for the gyno surgery.  I also inquired about doing something about the extra skin on my abs (lost 100 lbs).  One mentioned liposuction (though he cautioned that I have very little fat left to suction out) and the other mentioned a tummy tuck (but I don't want a huge scar).

Dr. Bermant, I noticed on your website a procedure called a MINI abdominoplasty.  I am interested in this because it seems as though I could hide the scar beneath my pubic hair (as opposed to a full abdominoplasty that extended to my hips). I've included a few photos.  The redundant skin is both above and below my belly button and your online diagrams indicate that you can separate some of skin above my belly button and pull it down to tighten the skin up.  Would I be a good candidate for this procedure? I just don't think liposuction would do me any good...

Thanks for your help!  

Congratulations on your weight loss! 100 pounds is quite an achievement!  After Major Weight Loss loose skin can be a residual problem. Here are the Standard Pictures we use for Evaluation of Loose Skin of the Stomach After Weight Loss to help minimize travel to our practice.

Liposuction is a standard component of my Tummy Tuck sculpture. It is a great tool for fat, but does not tighten loose skin. I am almost done with a page showing some of the complications I have seen from other surgeons trying to use liposuction to perform such tasks. However, here are some examples already up on my site:

Revision Tumescent Tummy Tuck in Male After Weight Loss and Failed Liposuction by other surgeon.

Revision Tumescent Tummy Tuck in Female After Pregnancies and Failed Liposuction

A MiniTuck Abdominoplasty is for small problems and cannot manage major loose skin issues. But look at the amount of loose tissues that patient had. Loose skin above the belly button will not be managed unless the belly button is slid lower, and this can look terrible when a belly button is too low.

The next example is not typical because of her extensive burn scar. This additional scar required a vertical component to the revision tummy tuck that I normally am able to avoid. But the page is in my new format showing much larger videos and longer patient experiences. Revision Tumescent Tummy Tuck after Failed MiniTuck and Failed Belly Button Revision by other surgeon.. In addition this other doctor tried to take extra skin from around the belly button creating this Massive Belly Button Deformity. To learn about this surgery and see what the recovery and patient experiences were like, check out these series of Videos on This Revision Tummy Tuck.  The second video is kind of long, but we are quite proud of the comfort our Tumescent Tummy Tuck patients are describing.

Take some time to browse how almost all of my patients are able to hide their scars after surgery. That vertical scar patient was still happy because of the disfigured belly button and extensive burn scar that were revised. You also need to check out the belly button scar component of a tummy tuck.

We are glad to help you explore your concerns during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion. If interested in learning more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024