Author Topic: gyno? please help!!  (Read 2472 times)

Offline nukee

hey well to start off I've been very overweight since a little kid. only about a year ago i have lost a lot of the weight. im 18 years old. the most i ever was i think about 260 pounds. now im 198ish at 6'0 but i still have puffy nipples. im very sensitive about it. I would like to build a great body but the puffy nipples are making my body look weird. i press down on my nipples and i feel a small lump so i think i do have gyno. i'm gonna schedule a physical with my doctor and ask him about it but i just wanted to know what you guys think.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:18:13 AM by nukee »

Offline ivanvaldez79

• Posting Member
were ur boobs saggier or bigger when u were heavier?

DrBermant

hey well to start off I've been very overweight since a little kid. only about a year ago i have lost a lot of the weight. im 18 years old. the most i ever was i think about 260 pounds. now im 198ish at 6'0 but i still have puffy nipples. im very sensitive about it. I would like to build a great body but the puffy nipples are making my body look weird. i press down on my nipples and i feel a small lump so i think i do have gyno. i'm gonna schedule a physical with my doctor and ask him about it but i just wanted to know what you guys think.

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Does it not feel much better with that weight off?  62 pounds is an amazing amount of weight loss!

Weight Loss Can help with the fat of gynecomastia, but not the gland. Remaining fat, gland, and sometimes the skin can be residual contour concerns.

From the image shown, it is not possible to tell if the nipples are low. Standard Pictures to Show Gynecomastia and Loose Skin Issues After Weight Loss. Some are able to lose weight and not have a loose skin component.  This is not a black and white defined issue, but one of grays and subtleties.

Weight loss before surgery is usually much better than weight loss after surgery. Weight loss is a coarse tool, Plastic Surgery is better reserved for refinement. This is especially true when tissue sagging is a factor.  Why lift sagging tissue, lose more weight, and see that tissue sag again from further deflation? 

Weight loss and surgical sculpture is a series of compromises. What suites any one individual will vary.  Ideal sequence that I recommend my patients:

• Get to a weight you are comfortable living with.
  • Let the skin adjust as much as it will. It can take from 6 to 18 months for skin equilibration after a gastric bypass and major weight loss.
  • After Massive Weight Loss, Consider Tightening Lower Tissues First. There is little sense to lift the chest and then have a tummy tuck, lower the chest result, requiring a revision chest lift.
  • Then Address the Chest.
  • Use No Surgery Body Shaping Garments as emotional support not to rush the process.

Bouncing redundant flesh also can be a major emotional factor stressing any patient trying to lose weight.  That is why I posted Videos of Compression Garments dealing with gynecomastia and stabilization.

The remaining fat and sagging can be stressful for a work in progress, being patient, finishing off the weight loss first is a better option.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Drooping Tissues

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024