Author Topic: Anothery Surgery ?  (Read 4105 times)

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member
I had gynecomastia surgery back in dec 2008 and then had it again by the same doctor feb 2010
Im not happy with the results i can feel hard tissue when i touch my breasts
I want to know if by my pictures can you tell what the issue is, if there is an issue at all
I am aggerating my pose in the pictures because i want to show the problem but if there wasnt a problem theere i dont think they would do this even i was exaggerating my pose
Doctors opinions appreciated !
Thankyou :)

Offline Haze

If i could have chest like you I would be happy forever... That is allready awesome i think

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The photos are not great, but on the second and third photo, there does appear to be a bit of excess tissue just under the areola and extending slightly laterally.

This may be residual tissue that was not removed or it may represent scar tissue that has developed in the process of healing.

Best to return to your surgeon and discuss the issue.  If you were initially flat, then this may be scar tissue (which wold probably be amenable to steroid injections such as kenalog).  If you were never flat, then this may be residual tissue that wasn't removed and which might require additional surgery.

Above all, you must make certain that your hormonal status is unchanged, that you have not taken any steroids which could promote re-growth of breast tissue.

These points should all be discussed with your original surgeon.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline darkseth

I think is very well... If only I had your chest :)

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Everything's fine !

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
My two cents:

You just had the second surgery 5 months ago. Could be that you need to wait a month or two (or more). But you definitely need to get the official opinion of your surgeon.

DrBermant

I had gynecomastia surgery back in dec 2008 and then had it again by the same doctor feb 2010
Im not happy with the results i can feel hard tissue when i touch my breasts
I want to know if by my pictures can you tell what the issue is, if there is an issue at all
I am aggerating my pose in the pictures because i want to show the problem but if there wasnt a problem theere i dont think they would do this even i was exaggerating my pose
Doctors opinions appreciated !
Thankyou :)

4 months can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Your images just do not have enough detail, but the concept is right on. Flexing muscles tends to reveal contour problems hidden with the body at rest. Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Early after surgery swelling can mask residual deformity.  How Tissues Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery depend on many factors. Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, fat, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees. 

I see many patients who complain of residual "Puffy Nipples" Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  Revision gynecomastia surgery is an art form. Not all doctors have the same skills. There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Here are just a few of the many examples I have seen and treated:

The body typically needs to heal before considering revision surgery. Rushing into another revision surgery can be a mistake unless there are complications that need to be addressed or the next surgery is component of a staged procedure.  Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care, Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Chest Sculpture

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member
Thankyou all for your comments i really appreciate them!
I especially appreciate and was hoping you'd comment Dr.Bermant:)
Ive been checking your website out recently and its sooo informative !
I will not go to my original doctor again for surgery he performed my first surgery december 2008 then he was supposed to do a revisionary surgery october 2009 except after i was put under he only performed liposuction ?! Then in February 2010 under local anesthetic he took more of the gland out apparently.. 
Im actually really scared to have surgery with him again.. he doesn't seem to be sure of the whole procdure to me when im having my consult with him and he doesn't seem like a professional.. i was 18 when i first had surgery and i trusted my gps opinion.. my gynecomastia was mild and i thought an easy fix.. now i know very different that it would take a skilled artist/professional to satisfy me with the procedure ( i find theres not many for this type of plastic surgery)
Doe this seem fixable Dr.Bermant ? It wouldnt be crater deforminty would it ? I just seems like he left too much of the gland :(
I feel worse with my chest now because before the gland wasnt so noticable my chest was just bigger now it almost like i can grab the gland when i touch my chest

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member
These are my photos dr bermant following your Standard Pictures for Evaluation

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member

DrBermant

Thankyou all for your comments i really appreciate them!
I especially appreciate and was hoping you'd comment Dr.Bermant:)
Ive been checking your website out recently and its sooo informative !
I will not go to my original doctor again for surgery he performed my first surgery december 2008 then he was supposed to do a revisionary surgery october 2009 except after i was put under he only performed liposuction ?! Then in February 2010 under local anesthetic he took more of the gland out apparently..  
Im actually really scared to have surgery with him again.. he doesn't seem to be sure of the whole procdure to me when im having my consult with him and he doesn't seem like a professional.. i was 18 when i first had surgery and i trusted my gps opinion.. my gynecomastia was mild and i thought an easy fix.. now i know very different that it would take a skilled artist/professional to satisfy me with the procedure ( i find theres not many for this type of plastic surgery)
Doe this seem fixable Dr.Bermant ? It wouldnt be crater deforminty would it ? I just seems like he left too much of the gland :(
I feel worse with my chest now because before the gland wasnt so noticable my chest was just bigger now it almost like i can grab the gland when i touch my chest

The oblique flexing and relaxed pictures of that standard series are often quite revealing in such problems. Some of the views show a possible crater issue as well.

Liposuction alone often unmasks remaining gland. Depending on the actual remaining deformity, good revision options usually exist. I am glad to help you explore your concerns and options during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion. Jane is my office manager and can explain the process.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member

Offline hottness99

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024