Author Topic: 2 weeks after gyno surgery  (Read 4081 times)

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member
Ive done this surgery by a trusted and reputable doctor here in Lebanon, my main problem was puffy nipples.
The doctor did a liposuction and excision, now that it has been 2 weeks from the date of the surgery, my left nipple is totally flat and I like it, but my right one is still puffy (not like before, but more puffy than left nipple).

One week post surgery i had a followup with the doctor and I guess he noticed the different, so he tried to suck out something from my right nipple using a syringe but nothing was sucked. two weeks post surgery I asked him about it he said its swelling because you are right handed and it will go away.

I am worried.. i hope a doctor can explain this?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It is possible to have some asymmetry in the early post-operative period, which can be related to swelling that is different from side to side.  Other causes of asymmetry include seroma or hematoma, and it sounds like your surgeon was thinking of this when he put the needle in to attempt to aspirate something.  If it was a small amount of hematoma, it may not have been liquid, and therefore not amenable to aspiration.  It would still potentially resolve over time. On the other hand, it's possible that the removal was more effective on one side than the other, and after an appropriate amount of time (at least six months or so), consideration of a revision might be necessary to even things out. 

Be patient.  Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline freeprisoner

• Posting Member
Dr. Rick, thanks a lot for your answer. I appreciate it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024