Author Topic: The step process for getting help with Gynecomasia  (Read 2446 times)

Offline jeonnie

Hello

As a new member I have tried to read as many topics and posts on this site as possible, but still am a little confused on how to go about treating Gyno as a step by step process..

First I'd like to state that after twenty years of worrying about my chest(puffy swollen nips) after taking a shirt off in a warm atmosphere, I now realize there's something def wrong and I'm sick of dealing with it.

From what I understand so far, Gyno is more of a glandular problem than a fatty tissue problem, for the physically fit?? Is Gyno mostly caused by an imbalance of hormones in the breast tissue??  Ok.. Well if this is the case im assuming the first step would be to go talk to my primary physician about it and get some testing done.  If it's a hormonal issue, what's causing the imbalance and is it a pituitary or adrenal problem?? If the glandular tissue causing the problem has been there for 20 years(I'm now 34 years old) will trying to correct the imbalance correct the tissue beneath the chest area?? Or is it there for good?? 

I'm big into natural supplementation and do know that there is pituitary and adrenal support out there, especially in a raw bovine form, and I have been a huge exercise weightlifting nut since high school, but if surgery is my only option to correct this Gyno, I'm willing to do it.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your condition has been present and stable for over twenty years, then it is not due to hormonal imbalances NOW. You may have had some imbalance years ago (frequently around puberty) which is when the stimulation produced the present problem.  You are now living with the stable results of that prior hormonal stimulation.

I generally do not feel that going to an endocrinologist as a first step is really necessary.  You are certainly free to do so, but most often the results come back negative.

Your next step would be to research competent and experienced gyne surgeons in your neck of the woods.  I cannot over emphasize the need for you to do your homework, visit several docs and then decide upon your surgeon.  Not every surgeon, not even every plastic surgeon, has the expertise to do this operation properly.  There are experts in gyne surgery across the country -- not just one!

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Hello

As a new member I have tried to read as many topics and posts on this site as possible, but still am a little confused on how to go about treating Gyno as a step by step process..

First I'd like to state that after twenty years of worrying about my chest(puffy swollen nips) after taking a shirt off in a warm atmosphere, I now realize there's something def wrong and I'm sick of dealing with it.

From what I understand so far, Gyno is more of a glandular problem than a fatty tissue problem, for the physically fit?? Is Gyno mostly caused by an imbalance of hormones in the breast tissue??  Ok.. Well if this is the case im assuming the first step would be to go talk to my primary physician about it and get some testing done.  If it's a hormonal issue, what's causing the imbalance and is it a pituitary or adrenal problem?? If the glandular tissue causing the problem has been there for 20 years(I'm now 34 years old) will trying to correct the imbalance correct the tissue beneath the chest area?? Or is it there for good?? 

I'm big into natural supplementation and do know that there is pituitary and adrenal support out there, especially in a raw bovine form, and I have been a huge exercise weightlifting nut since high school, but if surgery is my only option to correct this Gyno, I'm willing to do it.

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia surgery is an art form. The Anatomy of Puffy Nipples will consist of gland fat and skin. Gland swelling can be reversed, burned out gland growth is there to stay. Weight loss can the fat component but often unmasks remaining gland.

There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia. Treatment involves analysis of the problem and if it is stable. If not, find the cause, stabilize it, then consider surgery.

Digging through posts can be confusing. Start at the link below and follow the arrows to a thorough introduction to the treatment of gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
You will not reverse what has already happened.  If it has been stable for 20 years and you have no other health issues, it is unlikely to be caused by an endocrinological problem.  Hormone exams are typically not required for patients who have stable gynecomastia for this amount of time.  Once gynecomastia is present, it is  unlikely to be cured by hormonal supplmentation or medications.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024